The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
Clockwork

LRG tried unlimited pre-order runs a couple of times, most recently for Ys: Origins. From what they said it wasn't a great success. Unfortunately a large percentage of collectors only buy a game because it is limited and other people can't have it.

In other news Nicalis is doing an unlimited run of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for PS4 and Switch. Good for those that missed out on LRG's release and didn't want to import the Asian version for PS4/Switch.

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I am all over that because i missed it through LRG

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #18
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
same, I'm loving this, I was about to buy it on the eshop, but glad I didn't now.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #19
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Let's give this thread a chance.

Sonic Mania get's a physical release and adds a plus.

Quote:
Sonic Mania Plus coming this summer with new characters, physical release

Sonic Mania Plus, an updated version of last year’s Sonic Mania, is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this summer, Sega announced at its Sonic the Hedgehog panel at South by Southwest today.

Sonic Mania Plus will include an all-new Encore Mode, Sega said, which offers new ways to explore each of the game’s acts and will come with some unspecified visual changes. The Plus version of the game will also include two new playable characters: Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel.

Mighty and Ray are relatively deep character cuts; the duo first appeared in SegaSonic the Hedgehog, a 1993 arcade game based on Sonic.

In addition to two new characters, Sonic Mania Plus will also expand the game’s competition mode to support up to four players.

Unlike the original Sonic Mania, which was only released digitally, Sonic Mania Plus will get a physical release. That release will feature deluxe packaging: a holographic slip cover and a reversible sleeve designed to mimic Sega Genesis/Mega Drive box. A 32-page art book will also be included as part of the package.

Source: https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17...rs-encore-mode
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
Nem
Smash bro!

I'm so happy about that. I really wanted to play as mighty on Sonic mania.

Ray is a mystery though. Dunno what his special abilities will be. I'm guessing gliding like knuckles. We'll see.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #21
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Damn them, couldn't they have just done this with the CE of the game?
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:31 PM   #22
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Wouldn't be surprised if both turn out to be just reskins of Tails and Knuckles.

I played briefly Sonic Mania back when it was just released and I did really liked it but didn't get it because I forgot so this one turned to be another of those moments that rewards you for waiting (kind of).

That reverserd cover got me on board beacause of stupid nostalgia.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote