Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
Rubeus

Pokemon Go About to Overtake Twitter App's Daily Active Users

Click for full size

Quote:
Pokemon Go About to Overtake Twitter's Daily Active Users on Android
Share.

Are we catching them all, or is it catching us?

If you're in the US, Australia or New Zealand you'll likely have looked out of the window to see bands of aimless people, moseying the streets with faces in phones, like some benign version of The Purge. If you're anywhere else, you'll have seen the same thing, but they're all crying, because Pokemon Go isn't out yet. This game is huge, and now we have the data to prove it.

SimilarWeb has compiled information about the game's current usage on US Android phones, the standout fact being that Pokemon Go is on course to overtake Twitter's daily active users, meaning it's currently being used daily on 3% of all measured phones.

Daily active users of Pokemon Go vs. Twitter (via SimilarWeb)
Click for full size

Pokemon Go was installed on around 5% of US Android phones only two days after launch - putting it well above popular dating app Tinder almost immediately. Going by Statista's suggestions for the number of Android phones in the US, that means the app is currently installed on around 5.4 million devices in the US alone.

Of course, that's only half the story. While precise stats aren't available, the App Store suggests iPhone usage won't differ too much - Pokemon Go has topped both the Free and Top Grossing charts since launch.

While nothing's certain - Nintendo's other smartphone app, Miitomo hit 10 million worldwide users but has since dropped off - SimilarWeb also points out that Go's retention rate is currently extremely good, which bodes well considering most users delete unwanted apps within 3-7 days.

Whatever the end result, all of this is reflecting well on Nintendo right now, whose shares jumped 10% overnight after Go's release. We can only imagine that will improve further after the app's launched worldwide, although we'll have to wait a little longer for that yet, after server load issues paused release.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/1...ers-on-android
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
JohnyMe

I can't say I'm surprised. Yhis app is EVERYWHERE! I mean, all of my friends play with it. Even people at work try to catch 'em all.. This is insane! I wonder, however, how much information about the users this app collects. And I'm afraid that a lot!
Old 07-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Joe Redifer
Olι!

It's only counting for Android users though. It completely disregards web users like myself who use Twitter a lot, but rarely on mobile.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:12 AM   #4
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Last I heard Twitter was losing a lot of money as of late. Which is weird considering its footprint in the mobile world.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:58 AM   #5
Joe Redifer
Olι!

I don't know how Twitter makes any money at all. I've never seen an ad anywhere. Maybe a few sponsored tweets once in a blue moon?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:22 AM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I only heard of twitter from Jimmy Kimmel, who I also never heard of before.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
DavidMishra

Pokemon GO was a mega hit. Surprisingly millions of players still play it daily.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #8
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Tell me more, DavidMishra!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

People are still playing that?!

What a waste of time.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 AM   #10
Addisonadam

window to see groups of capricious individuals, moseying the roads with faces in telephones, similar to some favorable variant of The Purge. In case you're anyplace else, UK Essay you'll have seen a similar thing, however they're all crying, in light of the fact that Pokemon Go isn't out yet. This diversion is gigantic, and now we have the information to demonstrate it.
Addisonadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:42 AM   #11
amber5555

Thanks a lot man !
192.168.l.254
tweakbox
antimalware service executable
game guardian
we loved this.
amber5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:43 AM   #12
amber5555

Really enjoyed reading this. framaroot
root master
appvn
acmarket
Thanks sir.
amber5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:34 AM   #13
spider-prime

such insightful posts!
Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #14
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... those aren't even trying now.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #15
Eureka
Eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMishra View Post
Pokemon GO was a mega hit. Surprisingly millions of players still play it daily.
Yes it's actually still quite popular. I think that in some way Pokιmon GO is already a form of social network with it's game mechanics being based around the three teams. Pokιmon GO is already one of the most popular games in history. Plus it accomplished this goal in 6 days

All other games that have made it to the top took at least 5 months to break any records.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote