Old 09-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
Rubeus

Red Dead Redemption 2 Is a Prequel - Story Details, New Protagonist revealed

Looks great so far

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 IS A PREQUEL - STORY DETAILS, NEW PROTAGONIST REVEALED

Rockstar has released a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. It reveals the first official details about the game's story, which will be a prequel, and star a new character, Arthur Morgan - not John Marston.

Rockstar describes the game as "the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive."

The Van der Linde gang is also known as Dutch's Gang, which the last game's protagonist, John Marston would eventually join (and leave).

The trailer shows what looks like several activities, including hunting, breaking horses, bank and train robberies and, yes, lots and lots of violence.

We also see several different kinds of environments, including the expected Old West towns, prairies, pine forests, snowy mountains and crocodile-hiding swamps.

Leaks last year suggested the game would be a prequel, set to the east of the first game's location (including a version of the fictional city of New Bordeaux, the setting of Mafia 3). Both of those facts seem to be true, given Dutch's younger appearance in the trailer, and the description of the "heart of America" as a setting.

Alongside the story, we know that the game will feature an online mode set in the main game world - it seems extremely likely that this will be Red Dead's take on the successful GTA Online template. If leaks are anything to go by, that mode will be called Red Dead Online - catchy!

Following a delay, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on PS4 and Xbox One in Spring 2018.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/09/2...onist-revealed
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I only tried the first redemption for a bit at a friends, but it was a game that fell through the cracks with me, beeing that i'm not the biggest rockstar fan, having gained and lost interest with GTA3.

I was hoping this one would interest me. It looks alright, but the setting seems to be more on woods rather than the arid areas westerns are known for. So, i'm getting a big TLOU vibe (and that new zombi game from the syphon filter team i forget the name), wich honestly just means it's not looking super original nor in the niche seen in the first two games, based on this footage.

So, atm it's a big "meh", but i hope theres more to it. I want to be interested.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #3
bradshaw48

I hope it delivers up to the expectation

Yes this is definitely looking great because I had been a huge fan of Red Dead Redemption Franchise and I hope that this part will also live up to its expectation.