The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 09-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Rubeus

SNES Classic Edition Is Out Now -- Will you buy a mini SNES?

There were 50 people lined up in front of my local Best Buy this morning, and then someone got the news Best Buy was stocking 500 units for walk-in customers, and then the store was packed again.... and no I didn't attempt to get one, it was too crazy.

Quote:
SNES Classic Edition Is Out Now -- Will you buy a mini SNES?

Nintendo's SNES Classic Edition, the mini version of its '90s Super Nintendo console, is out today in Europe and North America. It's been much anticipated, especially after the popularity of last year's NES Classic, which ended up selling out pretty much everywhere. Luckily, as well as bringing back the NES Classic, Nintendo has changed its initial SNES Classic plans and now states it will continue to supply the miniature console into 2018.

In the US, we know Best Buy stores will have SNES Classic units in stock today, while GameStop and ThinkGeek will apparently have a "limited and varied amount of consoles" on sale. UK consumers can try their luck on the high street, but major online retailers like Game, Amazon, and Argos are all sold out for the time being. Australia, meanwhile, has to wait until tomorrow, September 30 to get their hands on the device. For more, you can check out our SNES Classic buying guide.

In our SNES Classic Edition review, critic Michael Higham said Nintendo has done a "damn fine job" of evoking childhood nostalgia. The console--which costs US $80 / £60 / AU $120--also includes a rewind feature so you can go back and try again if you fail.

There are 21 games in the package, including Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy III, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, as well as the previous unreleased Star Fox 2. You can see a roundup of all the games here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sn.../1100-6453681/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Got mine! Stores got lots, but like I figured, the scalpers were in numbers to get them still.

So, lets see if Nintendo can keep up with the stock.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Think I'm going to wait a month. If the fantastic tale about the stock turns out to be true then I'll gladly get one.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
my Walmart got 150 of them. but were still sold out within the hour. Much better than the NES classic.... with 12.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Target by me had a 110 with 150 people in line. Gamestop had like 15 with 50 in line. Not happening. At least I own most of the games on there.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
spider-prime

I laugh at all of this cause most of these buyers are probably resellers not buying it cause they want it, but just cause they can sell it again for double. But, apparently a lot of people have gotten them that wanted it, the prices of reselling it have been dropping from 500 dollars to around 200 dollars.
One guy wasn't selling it for what he wanted and sold it for 120 dollars just to get most of his money back up here, it's only 99.99 up here with 13% taxes.

Best buy is supposed to get more stock of it next week.

I wouldn't cave to scalper prices, I already called that it would still sell out cause of them, amazon put up stock and it lasted well over 20 mins despite of resellers buying more than one by buying them with bots.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

You are right, Spider. I was on FB on Friday later in the day and the marketplace had tons of people reselling the system from $200-$400. They are still up there as of writing. When I was at Target looking at who was in line, the scalpers stood out like a sore thumb.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
spider-prime

Now, I just want a want to use these controllers to work on other consoles.... like the actual SNES, be awesome to get official controllers again to run on it instead of used and 3rd parties.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:19 AM   #9
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I really have no need nor desire for one. Already had a pimped out SNES for years. It's 1:1 scale instead of small so I guess that makes me a loser.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:50 PM   #10
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
I really have no need nor desire for one. Already had a pimped out SNES for years. It's 1:1 scale instead of small so I guess that makes me a loser.
Yeah you really are. Being able to take steps away from the console and easily accommodate yourself between your console and your couch is just yuck!
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote