The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Rubeus

It's Official: J.J. Abrams Will Write and Direct Star Wars: Episode IX

Click for full size

Quote:
It's Official: J.J. Abrams Will Write and Direct Star Wars: Episode IX

The replacement for Colin Trevorrow has been found—and it’s a familiar face to Star Wars fans. Lucasfilm and Disney have confirmed that Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams will return to the franchise to both write and direct the final chapter of the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

The news was confirmed this morning in a brief statement released on the official Star Wars website, with Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy commenting on Abram’s return to the franchise:

With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy.

Abrams will direct, and co-write the latest draft of the script with Argo’s Chris Terrio—which suggests that a good chunk is being re-done, given that it was only recently revealed that The Fades creator Jack Thorne was giving the script a re-write.

Star Wars: Episode IX is still expected to hit theaters May 24, 2019.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/its-official-...-wa-1803778750
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
So glad I'm not a fan of star wars.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
pawsons

I am! That could be good news, but just if this movie will not be so boring like Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I watched that in IMAX 3D and was very disappointed
Old 10-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I'm gonna be honest. I enjoyed the prequals more than episode 7 and i hate prequals.

E7 was a terrible joke. I just can't get over the magically bending spiliting energy beam that destroys those planets. That is complete BS. Gundam makes superweapons more believable than that!

You can't just piss on physics like that when making a sci-fi movie. Even if SW veers a bit into fantasy.

Rogue 1 though, was awsome. I am not expecting good things from this new trilogy though. The cast is terrible, i don't care about any of the new characters and they portraid the classic characters as passive losers post episode 6.
Just, the story is a whole unbelivable mess, and this is without even touching "drops out of nowhere" new empire and planet sized super weapon no one noticed.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
Drunken Savior

LOL Let's not pretend like Episode 1 was some amazingly written story. I know prequelmeming is hot (or was), but let's not forget that the prequels were disappointing. And while E7 might get some flack for virtually retelling E4, it still created many great new characters and scenarios...something E1 utterly failed to do.

Seriously, I caught Episode 1 a few weeks ago and some of the stuff was still insufferable unless you were laughing at it. Take for example Anakin Skywalker taking down the whole droid army at the end. He did so by shooting the main reactor that supplies power to that entire base. Which was accessible from the hanger...you know...where the high power ships with weapons are constantly in. How fucking stupid. If it wasn't for Maul, Kenobi, and Jin, that movie would have little to no redeeming qualities.

Oh and let's not forget MIDICHLORIANS or whatever.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
personally, I would have loved the prequels more if Jar Jar was a sith hiding in plain sight, that was actually a really cool theory that probably was going to be true. The evidence points to it too much, plus that was a plot to one of the old Kurasawa movies that Lucas loves and usually copies. The bumbling idiot who turns out to be the main villain.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #7
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

There were a lot of filler scenes it felt like in the prequels, but regardless I enjoyed them.

While people give shit to the prequels I enjoyed The Phantom Menace more so than others. The final showdown with Obi-Wan, Qui-gonn Jinn vs Darth Maul made people jizz back in the day with 'omg TWO Jedis vs a Sith with a double-edged lightsaber'.

While one scene does not make a good film (arguable). I was still a kid back in the day and I didn't even realise the prequels were that sorely hated till I started going on the internet.

But looking back and re-watching the films it's true the prequels aren't masterpieces and don't flow quite as well (compared to E7) due to ambitious ideas poorly executed.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #8
spider-prime

I was 13 at the time when Phantom came out, I was extremely bored by it, but yah, the maul scenes are the best part of the movies. Even in the clone wars tv series and rebels, he was the best parts of those, too.

The Emperor fighting Maul in Clone wars was just awesome.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #9
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Yeah, I like the prequels, the original trilogy, and Force Awakens. What do I know.....

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #10
spider-prime

If my brothers didn't love Star Wars, I probably wouldn't know anything about them other than the really common stuff about them. But gah, it's mostly all they talk about when new stuff happens.