The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 08-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
Rubeus

Metroid: Samus Returns Gets A Cool-Looking New Nintendo 3DS XL, but without the game

Why can't they just release a cover plate for New 3DS XL instead? Cover plate is a feature to stop Nintendo from releasing all these unnecessary, expensive special edition 3DSes.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:
Metroid: Samus Returns Gets A Cool-Looking New Nintendo 3DS XL -- The $200 system doesn't come with a copy of the game.

To coincide with the release of Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo is releasing a new Metroid-themed New Nintendo 3DS XL--and it looks pretty sweet. The limited-edition system comes in Samus's colors and has the image of Samus on its front and back, while the Screwattack logo is on the back.

The system, which does not come with a copy of Metroid: Samus Returns, is priced at $200 in the United States. It launches on September 15, the same day as the game.

Samus Returns is a reimagining of the 1991 Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus. The new version features updated visuals, 3D support (though it can be turned off), and new features such as the ability for Samus to aim with 360 degrees of freedom.

A big part of the new version is the melee counter system; Samus can counter enemies' attacks, and this plays a big role in boss battles. Additionally, Samus now has Aeion abilities, for example, which give her new sets of powers. Scan Pulse, for example, shows players where to go next on the map, avoiding the traditional Metroid task of reexaming your route when you hit a dead end.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/me.../1100-6452356/
Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
cause they didn't sell well and limited editions still sell better. I know people with over 10 3ds cause of limited editions. I have 2 myself.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:11 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Why shouldn't?

Nintendo has embraced the fact that people will throw money at every single worthless piece of junk they'll release.

Speaking of such thing on the same game they wen't overboard locking a difficulty mode behind a paywall in the form of an amiibo.

Great times with nintendo.

Just great...
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm getting one for the purpose of selling it later on, since people do like to pay a lot for Limited Nintendo stuff, might as well join the resellers.

Also, I just read that Nintendo said if Samus Returns does bad, it won't make anymore 2d Metroid games.

Last edited by spider-prime; 08-19-2017 at 11:49 PM.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote