The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #1
Rubeus

Star Wars, Marvel Movies Will Be Removed From Netflix As Disney Plans Own Service

If all studios start to make their own streaming service, then I guess we have no choice but go back to cable?

Click for full size

Quote:
Star Wars And Marvel Movies Will Not Be Available On Netflix As Disney Plans To Pull Content -- Noflix.

Disney is set to pull its content from Netflix. It has been confirmed that the studio will remove all of its movies from the service with the intention of providing both entertainment and sports content via two new streaming services of its own.

As reported by Bloomberg, an ESPN-branded service is set to arrive first in 2018, which the site reports will feature 10,000 live sports events a year. This will be followed by an entertainment service, which will take advantage the studio's massive film library. As well as its classic animated films, Disney's catalogue includes such hugely popular cinematic brands as Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel.

In a statement, Disney boss Bob Iger said, "Our direct-to-consumer services mark an entirely new growth strategy for the company, one that takes advantage of the incredible opportunity that changing technology provides us to leverage the strength of our great brands."

Netflix responded to the reports, and explained in a statement that its content would remain on its service for another two years. The statement said, "US Netflix members will have access to Disney films on the service through the end of 2019, including all new films that are shown theatrically through the end of 2018. We continue to do business with the Walt Disney Company on many fronts, including our ongoing relationship with Marvel TV."

Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover.

Although Disney originally signed the deal with Netflix in 2012, it didn't come into effect until last year. However, it is not surprising that the studio wants to take advantage of the shifting landscape for streaming media and offer its content direct to consumers.

Disney has had a strong 2017 at the box office, but its takings have dipped compared to 2016. Although such guaranteed hits as Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Thor: Ragnarok, and Pixar's Coco are set to be released at the end of the year, the company has nothing lined up for a fall release. In addition, Disney's cable networks are a hugely important part of its business, and subscriber numbers for ESPN--which Disney owns--are continuing to decline.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6452383/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They are going to oversaturate the market. There is already too many cause I'm only going to stick with one, but if Amazon Prime didn't have theirs already with it, I wouldn't even have that.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Netflix has been killing it so I can't see me caring about any other streaming services right now.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Physical rules, digital drools.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote