The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-19-2017, 01:16 AM   #1
Rubeus

'Nintendo Switch Online' iOS App Now Available

Quote:

'Nintendo Switch Online' iOS App Now Available

As Nintendo prepares to launch Splatoon 2 on July 21, it has made the Nintendo Switch Online app available in the iOS App Store. Nintendo Switch Online, first introduced earlier this month, is designed to enhance the online experience when using compatible games on the Nintendo Switch console.

At the current time, Splatoon 2 is the only game that's compatible with Nintendo Switch Online, and it will allow players to voice chat with friends, invite people to online matches, create teams, and access SplatNet 2.

SplatNet 2, designed specifically for Splatoon 2, offers up online play statistics like match results, stages, and rankings. It also lets users invite friends with Splatoon 2 to Private Battles, League Battles, and Splatfest battles across social media.

While Nintendo Switch Online is limited to Splatoon 2 right now, future games will have built in support, with Nintendo Switch Online serving as the hub for most interactive features like voice chat. When using voice chat, Nintendo says it works in different ways based on the game that's being played. Users can either chat with everyone in the room or split voice chat into teams.

The app's functionality and the Splatoon 2 online play will be available for free until the full Nintendo Switch Online service launches in 2018. Following the launch of Nintendo Switch Online, most games with online gameplay will require an ongoing subscription. Nintendo Switch Online will cost $19.99 per year or $3.99 per month with a monthly subscription.

A persistent internet connection is required to use the app, as is a Nintendo Switch console, and a Nintendo Account. Users must be at least 13 years old to download and use the app, and it won't work until Splatoon 2 is released on July 21. For now, expect to see a login error when attempting to sign in with a Nintendo account.

Nintendo Switch Online can be downloaded from the App Store for free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nint...234806557?mt=8

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/18...now-available/

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #2
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Such a weird idea. It would have been so much more convenient to have a headset pair with you system. I heard this won't work if your phone screen goes off. lol

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:53 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

It's just nintendo's idea of doing things differently getting in their own way.

The nintendo ds handles voice chat better than this.

Last edited by Hagane; 07-22-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Nintendo trying to be edgy and failing at it...
Old 07-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

https://youtu.be/P62OkZN3-3M

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I really don't get the reason for this if it's mandatory. It should always be a optional thing. Hopefully, they change it in the future if enough people bitch and not use it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

Nintendo Switch PRO, now with features included in modern consoles!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They were better off making their own little app that works with the 3ds or something, a lot more people that own a switch probably own a 3ds compared to a smart phone or ipod touch.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #9
Hagane
Unlucky dog

You just have to wonder how the hell they are unable to add such app to their own system.

This just make it feel as if nintendo is a couple of decades behind microsoft and sony in regards of online gaming and also that the most simple and logical solutions are the hardest to come by.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote