The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 07-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
To be fair, I haven't watched the last 2 episodes, mostly cause I found the first 2 to be boring, I didn't even care for the action in them, the only part I liked in it is when they showed Alucard for the first time arguing with Dracula. That part felt right to me with the characters.

I would have to rewatch it again to find the parts I'm pointing out in the lines.
I had high hopes for this to be at least something that I would like despite not caring for the animation style, I've seen worse, mostly cause I love Castlevania, even the bad ones, like the N64 game.

But, even warren ellis writing didn't feel like it was his. I've read quite a bit from him, but it felt like they just hired some guy off the street to quickly write something in the 2 episodes I watched. It made me feel like they got someone to rewrite it, but they still had to credit him, cause this is actually common in a lot of stuff.

His Thunderbolts comic run was just fantastic. Making the Green Goblin the leader and trying to keep his sanity so he doesn't turn back into the Goblin was just fun to read.

spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #17
Drunken Savior

Well, if you're a SOTN fan, you kinda owe it to yourself to at least watch the final episode.

Yeah, they definately didn't secretly re-write Ellis's script. That's a big no-no in the industry. Look at all the writers attached to the Spiderman movie to see how writing can be such a clusterfuck. Also, Ellis is actively promoting the show on his twitter, it's definitely his.

Also, I felt like Ellis included a lot of subtle fan service regarding Castlevania lore. I don't even fancy myself a big aficionado of the lore, but I caught some subtle jokes that made me smile...and then there's the scene with them jumping on the giant gears, the use of the axe/holy water...all pretty faithful to the basic lore. And I honestly appreciated that he made Trevor kind of cynical/sarcastic...the show's humor is a bright spot for me. Not totally in your face, but just enough to lighten the mood a bit and add a chuckle here and there.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #18
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I will finish it, I finished Jessica Jones and whew boy, I found to be extremely bad, like turning the Purple man into a stalker with a crush......... blah! Even the fox kids X-Men series did him better than the JJ's version. Which is a shame, cause I love David Tennant 10th Doctor FTW!

spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote