The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 06-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
Princess Dai

How does it work? YouTubers making money via their daily vlogs?

So the other day my brother and i were discussing on how quite a number of youtubers are now all of a sudden moving into luxurious appartments , buying houses, travelling all around the globe to exclusive events etc. A good number of this vloggers have made Youtube a full-time job as well.

How much does the average YouTuber make per year? At this rate, i might as well start a Youtube channel myself!

Anyway, i was wondering how it really works.. i mean how they get paid and everything...
Princess Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

The average Youtuber?

Nothing. They make nothing.

But the way the top Youtubers make money is that they make a lot of videos that get tens of thousands of views and Google sells advertising space for them and then cuts the creator's a check monthly once it reaches a threshold.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Plus, patreon donations from people. If I ever asked for free money just to sit on the computer and rant, nobody would give it to me and just say GET A JOB!
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
Drunken Savior

I like the cut of your jib, here's a dollar. American.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #5
Princess Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
The average Youtuber?

Nothing. They make nothing.

But the way the top Youtubers make money is that they make a lot of videos that get tens of thousands of views and Google sells advertising space for them and then cuts the creator's a check monthly once it reaches a threshold.
After getting curious about this topic. I was eager to get more information and I tend to not completely agree with you because an average Youtuber does earn something. Well according to this blog post i was reading, you earn through YouTube via advertising-revenue from Google AdSense. Pay is acording to the amount of views and ad clicks that your videos get. YouTube creators get paid per monetized view so even though the average youtuber doesn't earn a lot..they do in the end earn something. YouTube will then start placing ads after your channel cross 10,000 views (as per latest YouTube updates). In my opinion i still think it's worthwhile and i am seriously thinking of starting a cooking channel.
Princess Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
bujeezus

If the "average Youtuber" made any significant amount of money, everybody would be doing it. It's your time and effort though, so best of luck.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dai View Post
After getting curious about this topic. I was eager to get more information and I tend to not completely agree with you because an average Youtuber does earn something. Well according to this blog post i was reading, you earn through YouTube via advertising-revenue from Google AdSense. Pay is acording to the amount of views and ad clicks that your videos get. YouTube creators get paid per monetized view so even though the average youtuber doesn't earn a lot..they do in the end earn something. YouTube will then start placing ads after your channel cross 10,000 views (as per latest YouTube updates). In my opinion i still think it's worthwhile and i am seriously thinking of starting a cooking channel.
I know how it works. I have a channel. I've even gotten paid by Google (took over 160k views and 3 years but I finally reached the $100 threshold).

But if you factor in the time, equipment used, electricity cost used to make videos...no, I haven't made anything. It's a hobby, it's a vehicle to explore how to use Adobe Premiere, Audition, Photoshop better. It's how I'm self teaching myself basic fundamentals of sound engineering -and- basic lighting techniques. I used the $100 check to buy a very basic audio mixer just so I can have better control over my audio inputs.

You have a poor understanding of how many people are trying to skirt traditional jobs and become self-employed Youtubers and where the average lies among them. And let's not even start to detail the headache that is the legalities of being self employed.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 06-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
My brothers and I used to love making videos back in the day, my brother is a stay at home dad now, but the kids are all in school so during the day, we're going to make videos on youtube just for shits and giggles. Probably will be mostly him getting super pissy in overwatch when someone tells him to kill himself. lolol The guy won't let go of that comment for at least a week and won't stop talking about it.

Quite hilarious, he's like Ray from Everyone loves Raymond. The episode where the guy sneezed on ray and that is what the whole episode is about........ I've lived that but it wasn't over in 24 mins like the show..... I STILL HEAR ABOUT IT TO THIS DAYYYYYYYYY!
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote