Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
Rubeus

BioWare is developing a new Dragon Age

Click for full size

Quote:
BioWare is developing a new Dragon Age

Sunless Sea creator writing a 'segregated' storyline

It's been an open secret and not really discussed here, especially with Mass Effect: Andromeda hogging the recent limelight, but the Dragon Age series, last seen with 2014's Dragon Age: Inquisition, is still alive over at BioWare.

Eurogamer interviewed Fallen London and Sunless Sea creator Alexis Kennedy, currently in an "unusual arrangement" as a guest writer (writing from London) working with BioWare (headquartered in Canada) on a new project, "which I can now legitimately say is in the Dragon Age franchise although it has been known for a while."

The full piece is a good look behind the development process, though in an atypical case, given that BioWare usually, "doesn't have guest writers, as a rule." Kennedy naturally wasn't able to divulge much about what the next Dragon Age actually is -- it's not even been announced and is still in early stages -- but has explained his unique role.

"What I can say is I have been given considerable autonomy to work on a storyline bit of lore which is well-segregated from other parts of the game," Kennedy said. "It's nothing that grandiose, but it is distinct. It’s a bit of lore which has not been addressed much to date in Dragon Age."

https://www.destructoid.com/bioware-...e-437536.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

lol that picture isn't from Dragon Age. xD

Anyways... i'm not too excited and will wait and see. I wasn't happy with inquisition and actually i feel like the series has progressively gotten worse since the stellar first release.

Hopefully it goes back to beeing more story oriented and less MMO-like.

Who would say that the day would come where DA series would continue and Mass Effect wouldnt? I think it's all kinds of wrong, because ME is a much better series.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well if the next Dragon Age is anything like the last one it'll be my last Dragon Age most likely because that was pretty boring. It's never been that great a series though.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
bujeezus

I finished and enjoyed the first one on the 360. Tried the 2nd one on pc and it just didn't grab me like the first one did. I did love the art style though. I was plugging along on Inquisition until The Witcher came out and I dropped it and never went back.