The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #1
Rubeus

Why Nintendo Hasn't Made a New Advance Wars

They can totally make it like Fire Emblem with some deeper connection between characters and story development. Although I haven't really finished any Advanced Wars game before.

Quote:
Why Nintendo Hasn't Made a New Advance Wars -- Will they or won't they?

While Nintendo has published four Fire Emblem games in the last five years, the drought for its other Advance Wars series continues. Nintendo producer Hitoshi Yamagami admits he’d like to make a new Advance Wars, but he admits the development team would have to overcome a particular design challenge.

“Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars,” Yamagami told Eurogamer, “but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have."

Fire Emblem producer Masahiro Higuchi, who worked on the original Advance Wars, echoed Yamagami’s sentiments: "The Advance Wars series is one that I personally have a lot of interest in," Higuchi said. "I hear some of the staff here saying that they want to make one too, so if we have a chance it's something I'd like to do!"

The last Advance Wars game, subtitled Days of Ruin, was released on the Nintendo DS in 2008. Meanwhile, Nintendo has two more Fire Emblem games on the way: a spin-off game called Fire Emblem Warriors for 3DS, Switch. The company also announced a brand new FE is coming to Switch in 2018.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/05/3...w-advance-wars
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 02:10 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Oh please, lets just get real: They just can't figure out how to hook the waifu factor that made so many kids fall for the last 3 Fire Emblem games in order to make it an instant hit. They're going to stuck with that idea for awhile.

Weren't the last games about this franchise those spin-offs Batallion Wars for Gamecube and wii? I always thought that since those games didn't do so well nintendo deemed the whole franchise as a failure thus they buried it.

I liked the aproach they gave in Days of Ruins a darker more realistic way of what is war unlike the previous games that made it look as if it were a schoolyard game.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I love advance wars games, I got S Rank in all of them. I really wish they would make more, but at least someone is making homage type game for the Switch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ming_to_switch

Hopefully it is good.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:39 AM   #4
aeir

^looking forward to that game. Theres a 3d one coming out for ps4 and switch made by a Japanese developer also

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/17...ntendo-switch/

I really want them both to be great
aeir is offline   Reply With Quote