The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
Rubeus

The Switch could outsell the Wii U by next year

Is it selling faster than PS4 in the launch year?

Click for full size

Quote:
The Switch could outsell the Wii U by next year

It’s no argument the Nintendo Switch is a runaway success.|
It’s Nintendo’s fastest selling gaming system, it’s already produced two highly rated million selling titles, and everyone on the internet wants every game ever to come to the device. A real home run for Nintendo. Now if only the company could properly stock it.

I have yet to see one on store shelves, but that will probably change in the coming months. According to the Financial Times, people close to the situation say Nintendo is aiming to produce 18 million units by the end of March 2018. If it is able to do it and if all of those units sold, that would mean the Switch would outsell the Wii U in its first year.

Nintendo denied it has plans to boost production past its previously announced target of 10 million units, but others believe the company is playing this close to the vest and could actually get 20 million consoles out the door by next March, depending on the availability of resources.

I don’t have a Switch yet and my plans to buy one with the release of Splatoon 2 have been sidelined. But with that game, ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Monster Hunter XX, Disgaea 5 Complete, and yes, even Mario x Rabbids, I am damn sure going to get one this holiday season if there is a unit available for me to purchase. Preferably one with colorful Joy-Cons.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-swit...r-438487.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Well it isn't that hard to outsell the wii u. lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I still think it's gona take a nose dive in sales pretty soon.

In essence this system is the same as the wii u. I think that this is Nintendo playing the "sold out game".
Old 05-30-2017, 04:49 AM   #4
Drunken Savior

I mean, Zelda has been out for awhile now, I'm assuming a lot of people who bought the Switch have beaten it. I wonder what they are playing now? Mario Kart?

Right now on my PS4 I have Horizon (trying to give it another shot) and Persona 5 (a game that actually really would benefit from being portable so I can work on my daily life stuff on the god).

And on PC I have probably a half dozen games I'm currently in the process of as well.

I just don't see anything that makes me really want a Switch...but that might be because I have a Wii U and I already have Zelda and Mario Kart...

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
Rubeus

I wonder how hard it is to make a portable PS4 in the fashion of Switch?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
I wonder how hard it is to make a portable PS4 in the fashion of Switch?
Not hard. The technology is already there. And the Switch's battery life is on par with (it not a little bit better) than most modern day high end gaming laptops. But even the lowest end gaming laptops run higher than the Switch. If they were only doing 720p/30fps, they would most likely be running at the same battery life as a Switch.

Making it something the public would find affordable to justify production, that's hard. The cheapest gaming laptops that could run something like The Witcher 3 at 1080/45 are around $750.

Personally, I'll just stick to using Remote Play on my nvidia Shield Tablet.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

There was actually a rumor flying about about the PSP3 wich would be a portable PS4 SKU.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I disagree about the Switch declining in sales in the coming months. I know numerous people that are not gamers and are trying to get one and my circle of gaming friends is only Sinful Sam. So, for them to be interested, says something about the product. I think it will take off as the steady flow of games start coming.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #9
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
I disagree about the Switch declining in sales in the coming months. I know numerous people that are not gamers and are trying to get one and my circle of gaming friends is only Sinful Sam. So, for them to be interested, says something about the product. I think it will take off IF the steady flow of games start coming.
Fixed that for ya.