The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 04-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
Rubeus

Project Scorpio Specs Revealed, Here’s How It Compares To Xbox One And PS4 Pro

And it's going to cost $499 at launch -- by that time Sony will probably drop the price of PS4 PRO to $329 or less?

Click for full size

Quote:
Project Scorpio Specs Revealed, Here’s How It Compares To Xbox One And PS4 Pro

Microsoft revealed the full specs of their upcoming Xbox One upgrade console, codenamed Project Scorpio. Digital Foundry visited Microsoft’s Redmond campus last week and shared with Eurogamer the specs and more details on the upcoming console.

The chart below shows us a comparison of Project Scorpio with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Pro:

Microsoft promised that Scorpio will be the most powerful console ever made and now they have the numbers to back it up with specs that surpass both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Pro. The custom x86 cores for Scorpio are 31-percent faster than Xbox One’s, with customization to reduce latency in order to keep the processor occupied more fully, while CPU and GPU coherency gets a boost in performance.

During Digital Foundry’s visit, they were able to check out Project Scorpio running a Forza tech demo, at 4K resolution and 60fps. The team could even push the demo to the equivalent of PC’s ultra-level settings and still be sitting at 88-percent GPU utilization.

All that horsepower sounds sweet for 4K gaming, but what does it mean for the currently available games on Xbox One as well as Xbox 360 titles available via backward compatibility? Microsoft promises that Project Scorpio features 100-percent compatibility with any software running on the current Xbox One console. Additionally, Microsoft says the new console can even improve on the current Xbox games with smoother frame-rates, improved texture filtering, faster loading, and more.

However, this doesn’t mean that all current Xbox One games will see all of those improvements. Some enhancements may cause compatibility issues on a small percentage of titles, meaning that not all improvements may apply to all games.

We can expect to learn about Project Scorpio’s official name, price, and availability during Microsoft’s E3 2017 press conference in June. Head over to Eurogamer for more details on Scorpio.

As for how much Scorpio will cost, or when it will be released, all Microsoft has said for now is: "We are still a consumer product. We want to hit the price-points where consumers want to purchase this. It's about balancing the two." That said, given all the "premium" components inside Scorpio, I'd wager it's going to be pretty darn expensive. At least as expensive as the $499/£429 the Xbox One launched at, if not more.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/06...x-one-ps4-pro/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

No thank you. My Xbox One is sitting in my closet collecting dust. I have bought all the exclusives they've released, but can't be damned to finish them. Same ole stuff.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They never gave a price yet, but it is for sure apparently to be at least 499.99 USD.

So even at that price for us up in Canada, that is going to end up being like 699.99 CDN, so yah, fuck that. I rather build another PC.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:05 AM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

No real point on this one if they will keep releasing the exclusives on pc then you won't be missing anything.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:15 AM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

You could say the same about the PS4 apart from 2-3 Sony games a year most of the PS4 games appear on the PC or PSV nowadays.

That said even though I play the XboxOne more then anything else I don't really have any urge to get this or the PS4 pro.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #6
Rubeus

I heard the sales rep at Gamestop said the same thing to customers, they said from Jan 2017 to now, PS4 has 14 exclusive games but Xbox One only has 1, so it's pretty clear which console to get.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I wouldn't get a PS4 pro till e3, they might announce a price drop for it or something else, like a new version of it to match the scorpio at least a little.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

^^^I was thinking the same thing. I do not need a Pro, but I plan on buying one with an 8TB external HD and a 4K TV. Waiting until E3 for a price drop or newer "edition" and then will get it.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

Wow... those extra 4gigs of ram are gonna be costly.

The only thing i like about this is that it may motivate Sony to completely unlock the power of the pro.

Those 4Gb of ram will probably be used for MS interface mumbo jumbo.
I'm surprised they are using a different processor. I would imagine that would create complications. The bandwith is the only noteworthy difference in wich it will reduce pop in and improve draw distance compared to the pro.