The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 03-04-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Rubeus

Does using the Switch dock scratch the screen?

So many first day issues show up?

Click for full size

Quote:
Does using the Switch dock scratch the screen?

One of the most prominent features of Switch is being able to easily move between console and portable modes by sliding the main unit in and out of the included dock. However, questions are now being raised as to whether doing so scratches the system’s screen.

Glixel is one media outlet with early access to Switch. After using it daily for about a week, the site says their system is “already gathering a healthy collection of little scratches in the bottom left hand corner”.

Glixel believes that the culprit is sliding the Switch in and out of the dock. “If you gently slide it in and ‘miss’ the USB-C prong, juggling the device into the slot (even carefully) eventually scrapes it against the hard insides of the dock, resulting in little hairline scratches that start to build up over time,” the site writes. “There’s no insulation or padding on the inside of the dock – so nothing protects the screen if you’re clumsy.”

We can’t be absolutely certain that the dock scratches Switch’s screen simply due to a lack of reports – the system only just launched today officially. If you want to be save though, Glixel advises buying a screen protector.

http://nintendoeverything.com/does-u...ch-the-screen/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:01 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Looks like all the things that you'll buy in order to improve the system's experience will cost you more than the console itself.

I don't see so far a console upgrade that will adress all those issues or at least the majority of them.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

That's weird this wasn't caught during the systems development...you think people at Nintendo would have slid this thing in and out of the dock enough times to notice the ware it was causing.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Another sign of it being rushed.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Ernst

If the article has an affiliate link in it, I'd think twice about taking it seriously.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The only scratch I'm seeing is the part of the screen cover that doesn't even light up. However you can get screen protectors for the thing.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
This is one system, I knew that you would have to get a screen protector for sure. So I got the Zelda one! looks awesome.

I figured it would get scratched without one, should actually be common sense on that one if you don't get one, you are taking it in and out and if the dock didn't do it, one of these days you might drop it taking it out of the dock and scratch it that way, at worse crack the screen or break it altogether.

I'm hoping for a neat outer case that can easily go on and off of it when you take it out for handheld mode, cause I know for a fact that my kids will drop it.......
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Do they have a Super Castlevania 4 or an Uncharted screen protector?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 AM   #9
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I wish! This is the one I have.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:26 AM   #10
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Damn that screen protector casts a thick opaque gray over the screen. Would not apply! Look how much more contrast and clarity you get by looking behind the part that's already peeling off due to adhesives not working!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:46 AM   #11
spider-prime

But, that is it's best feature!