The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 02-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #1
Rubeus

Netflix announces Castlevania animated series launching 2017

American made series, let's see how that goes.

Quote:
Netflix announces Castlevania animated series launching 2017 -- First season consists of four, 30-minute episodes.

Netflix has announced new animated series inspired by the Castlevania video game series. The first season will consist of four, 30-minute episodes and air in 2017, and the second season will air in 2018.

Here’s the series’ description: “Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself.”

The animated series is from Frederator Studios, which is known for Adventure Time among other series, written by author and comic book icon Warren Ellis, and executive produced by Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert, and Adi Shankar.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/netflix-a...launching-2017
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I wonder if there will be any games based on this. And then make a movie based on those games. And then a game based on that movie etc etc etc.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:24 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Does this mean that my dream of Metal Gear inspired in G.I. Joe 80s series with ultra cheesy dialogues is closer to become real?
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
wow, they are finally getting them done. It's been years since anyone has heard about this since they announced it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 AM   #5
Rubeus

Today they say it's based off Castlevania III, is there any significance in there?

Quote:
Netflix’s Castlevania series is based on Castlevania III, producer says it’ll be very R-rated

Information about the new Castlevania animated series on Netflix is starting to trickle in following the news that surfaced yesterday.

Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 will debut at some point this year. A second season is lined up for 2018. Each episode will run for roughly 30 minutes.

Netflix’s description of the series says it follows “the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself.” Producer Adi Shankar also confirmed to IGN that the show is an adaptation of Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.

Shankar also had this to say:

“This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones. (Producer and writer) Warren Ellis added so much depth to the material. [The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. … this is going to be the best f*****g video game adaptation we’ve had to date.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/netfli...-very-r-rated/

Last edited by Rubeus; 02-11-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:23 AM   #6
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Nope, they are just following the original plan.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote