The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 02-02-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Rubeus

Kimishima apparently considering a 3DS successor

I'd love to get a 3DS successor than Switch.

Quote:
Kimishima apparently considering a 3DS successor

Nintendo could be considering a 3DS successor, if a report from Kyoto Shinbun is accurate. The publication is quoting president Tatsumi Kimishima as having said as much. Kimishima sees a need and market for it, hence why it’s being considered.

Take this as part news, part rumor for now. Kyoto Shinbun’s report is pointing in the direction of Kimishima considering a 3DS, though it appears to be pretty much the main outlet sharing the news.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimish...3ds-successor/

Google translated:

Also consider 3DS successor Nintendo, Animal Crossing Open distribution screen for distribution after April
President Kimishima (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Imperial Hotel Tokyo) to explain the future policy of the portable game machine business
President Kimishima (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Imperial Hotel Tokyo) to explain the future policy of the portable game machine business
Takeshi Kimishima, president of Nintendo's Tatsushima Takeshi, said on Wednesday that "there is a need for parents to touch children first," about the portable game machine business, and is considering the successor of "Nintendo 3DS" currently on sale It is revealed that it is.

On the same day, he showed his idea at the management policy briefing held in Tokyo.

The company plans to release a portable game machine "Nintendo Switch" that can be carried in March, and from the analyst attending the briefing, "If the user considers the switch to be a portable game machine, it will issue the next model There was a question as to whether the meaning would be lost. "

Kimishima emphasized about 3DS "It is different from the switch in shape, weight, price and can be divided into pieces". Regarding the successor, he said, "Since there is a demand and market that is required, I am continuing to consider it."

Since the release of 3DS in 2010, annual sales volume has declined at the peak of FY 2001, but this year it is demodulated due to the favorable hit of the game "Pokemon GO (go)" for smartphone. The sales forecast for this fiscal year has been raised from the initial 6 million units to 7.2 million units, exceeding the previous year by about 400,000 units, President Kimishima said, "We will continue to tackle the business that makes the best use of the foundation".

In addition, explained that the game for smartphones, "Animal Crossing" scheduled to be delivered by the end of March, will slip after April.

http://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/economy/ar...20170201000176
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Of course they have to give it some thought to that idea. It'll be a safeguard in case that the switch does poorly in the market.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Called it!

Of course they will.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Of course they have to give it some thought to that idea. It'll be a safeguard in case that the switch does poorly in the market.
Yup, it's pretty much this. If the switch fails harder than the wii u, they will have to make a newer "3ds"
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
Rubeus

The one thing really bad for Switch is that it has no backward capabilities with 3DS.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
they could easily make it backwards, but they "probably" will have 3DS/DS games on the switch on their eshop and make people rebuy them again if they want it.

I can see that happening.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

The 6DS....TWO 3D screens!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
Tickletot

Hopefully it will have better graphics then the 3ds, I know the pokemon company said something never making their games for any home consoles and Nintendo is probably making this handheld for the new pokemon games.
Tickletot is offline   Reply With Quote