The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 01-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
Rubeus

Deadpool Was the Most Pirated Movie of 2016 - Report

Out of these I've watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theater; Deadpool, Batman v Superman, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men Apocalypse and Independence Day: Resurgence on planes.

Click for full size

Quote:
According to TorrentFreak, the R-rated smash hit Deadpool was pirated more than any other movie in 2016. That's one record the film might have hoped to avoid.

Released in February 2016, Deadpool made a massive $783 million at the worldwide box office against a budget of just $58 million, according to Box Office Mojo. A sequel of course is on the way.
No Caption Provided

"While file-sharers may have a slight preference for geeky films, in general there's a high correlation between piracy and box-office sales," TorrentFreak reported (via Entertainment Weekly).

Rounding out the top five in the site's list were Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and X-Men Apocalypse.

TorrentFreak's list is based on a number of sources, including statistics that come from public BitTorrent trackers. Here is the full Top 10 list.
Most Pirated Movies on BitTorrent in 2016:

1. Deadpool
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
5. X-Men Apocalypse
6. Warcraft
7. Independence Day: Resurgence
8. Suicide Squad
9. Finding Dory
10. The Revenant

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dea.../1100-6446571/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Look at that picture of Deadpool. Just look at it. One of his eyes in half-wink. HOW THE HELL??? I know it's CGI, but how am I expected to buy this effect? Does the dude inside's eyelids physically attach to the costume he made and he can control the costume's eyelids? Holy fuck I hate super hero movies. Except Batman. Because that's 100% realistic.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:34 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I thought it was uncool to pirate cause the FBI warnings said so.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Look at that picture of Deadpool. Just look at it. One of his eyes in half-wink. HOW THE HELL??? I know it's CGI, but how am I expected to buy this effect? Does the dude inside's eyelids physically attach to the costume he made and he can control the costume's eyelids? Holy fuck I hate super hero movies. Except Batman. Because that's 100% realistic.
Spider-man in Avengers does that too when he jumps ontop of the car

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Those are focusing lenses in his mask to help him see.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote