The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Drunken Savior

GOG Connect allows you to get DRM free access to applicable games you own on Steam

https://www.gog.com/connect

You link your Steam account to your GOG account and any applicable games within GOG's catalog that are in your Steam library and added to your GOG library.

Games will go in and out of availability within GOG Connect, but once you 'connect' a game to your GOG account, it's in your library forever.

I did it today and got the following games on GOG, DRM Free: To The Moon, FTL: Advanced Edition, Project Zomboid, Braid, and Saint's Row 2.

Other games include:
- The Witness
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
ooooo awesome! I can't wait till they add more games to it, since I have so many on steam.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:37 AM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
it finally worked for me and I got 10 games added to my account. WOO! Hopefully the other games go on sale during the summer sale and I can get them all added too.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I was wondering why they changed their Eula recently and talked about Steam access in it. I just skimmed it. Guess I'll link and see what's up.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Never really used GOG so my question would be if I already own these games on Steam. Why would I want to bother activating them on GOG as well?
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

The ones you get from GOG don't have any drm so you can install them without having to mess with any third party software. Not particularly useful for me since I don't mind steam but I do like the idea of owning something without any strings attached.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
Old 06-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
spider-prime

DRM free is the way to gooooooo!

They just added another game to the list. the Surgeon simulator game, so if you have it, add it!

I hope they add Witcher 3 to the list soon.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I still havn't bought Witcher 3. Probably because I havn't played Witcher 2, which I probably havn't played because I got to the swamp area of the witcher and said "fuck it" Those worms were fucking nasty.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #9
spider-prime

Northeastmonk was super cool to gift it to me when it was still on preorder!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #10
spider-prime

GOG is having a awesome summer sale right now where it is giving out free games! Only need to spend 30 dollars to get the 3 free games. Not bad deal. So I got some games I wanted and bought the Ys series, mostly cause I wanted them DRM free. Even tho I have them on Steam.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
I still havn't bought Witcher 3. Probably because I havn't played Witcher 2, which I probably havn't played because I got to the swamp area of the witcher and said "fuck it" Those worms were fucking nasty.
I was stuck there for the longest time. After numerous attempts, I took an extended leave from that game (about a year). Glad I came back to it. The Witcher 1 and 2 are on the short list of games I've finished. Still working on 3...