The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Rubeus

Sega Planning "String of High Quality PC Ports" of Older Games

Now give me HD port of Shining Force III Scenario 1, 2 and 3; and perhaps Shining Resonance as well.

Quote:
Company planning to re-release games for the platform over the coming months and years.

Following the announcement of a Sonic: Lost World port for PC, Sega has said it intends to release more older titles for the platform in the "coming months and years."

"We're delighted to be able to bring Sonic Lost World to PC," said Sega Europe exec John Clark. "This is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past Sega titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years."

Sonic: Lost World was released in 2013 exclusively for Wii U and 3DS. The PC port will be available through Steam from November 2, priced at $30. All preorders of the game will include a free copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

In July 2015, Haruki Satomi, chief executive of Sega Games, said the company is now aiming to improve the quality of its games in hopes to make itself a valuable brand to video game audiences again.

"I've been talking to employees about how [Sega] should start putting serious consideration into quality from this point on," he said. "Particularly in North America and Europe, where it's always been more of a focus on schedules ... I believe that if we can't maintain quality, it would be better to not release anything at all."

He continued: "Sega in the '90s was known for its brand, but after that, we've lost trust, and we're left with nothing but reputation ... We'd like to win back the trust and become a brand once again."

In September 2013, Sega acquired bankrupted publisher Index Corporation, parent company of Atlus, developer of the Persona series. Atlus is continuing it game projects, one of which is Persona 5, with a team of 121 employees.

Although it was expected in 2015, Persona 5 has been delayed. The game will now debut on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in summer 2016.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/seg.../1100-6431226/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Last Sega game I played was Sonic Racing Transformed...and its really good! I was surprised honestly. So I do hope Sega can get back into becoming a strong brand. I mostly eat at Nintendo's table but I have been missing meals since the Wii. Would like to see what quality Sega could cook.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
Last Sega game I played was Sonic Racing Transformed...and its really good! I was surprised honestly. So I do hope Sega can get back into becoming a strong brand. I mostly eat at Nintendo's table but I have been missing meals since the Wii. Would like to see what quality Sega could cook.
Sonic Lost world is one of the best if not the best Sonic game out there and they are releasing a PC port of that soon, so try it out.

And don't even bring up the shitty glorified bloggers reviewers as you'll only piss me off.
Pretty much all their complains are none existence and only applies to the 3DS version (the actually poor bad game) but ironically they scored the shitty 3ds version higher just to show how unfaithful unprofessional these bloggers the idiotic general mass worship.

They obviously pulled a number on must if not all Magicbox members as must do believe that Lost World is a bad game. Wouldn't even bother to try it or take my words for it, bunch of idiots. They are better off not trying it, idiots doesn't deserve to have a good time anyways.

Ok....I got pissed off anyways thanks a lot Reality!
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I think you are reading it wrongly Rubeus.

They will port existing games. I doubt they will localise anything new.

Also, SF3 scenarios 2 and 3 have been fan translated if you still want to play them. I really loved SF3 scenario one when i played it, and i would love to play scenario 2 and 3... but they don't hold up for a big screen play anymore. Would love a 3DS port though.

And given how Fire emblem has been doing... SEGA just hates money for not porting SF3.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I think you are reading it wrongly Rubeus.

They will port existing games. I doubt they will localise anything new.

Also, SF3 scenarios 2 and 3 have been fan translated if you still want to play them. I really loved SF3 scenario one when i played it, and i would love to play scenario 2 and 3... but they don't hold up for a big screen play anymore. Would love a 3DS port though.

And given how Fire emblem has been doing... SEGA just hates money for not porting SF3.
Shining Force III is an existing game, so are Scenario 2 and 3 except they are in Japanese, Sega of Japan can bring them out (SF3.1, 3.2 and 3.3) in Japan first, if it's doing reasonably well maybe they will consider it in the west?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
Shining Force III is an existing game, so are Scenario 2 and 3 except they are in Japanese, Sega of Japan can bring them out (SF3.1, 3.2 and 3.3) in Japan first, if it's doing reasonably well maybe they will consider it in the west?
As much as i wish that is the case, i'm not sure that is the kind of game they meant. I think its stuff from the PS3/360 era.

I would bet stuff like Binary domain, Yakuza and maybe even Shenmue have a better chance.

Fingers crossed i'm wrong though. I would love to see an official release of SF3 complete.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
Soba
:D

This is excellent news, I'm looking forward to seeing more Saturn and Dreamcast games on PC.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Dj Jimmi Zero

^This

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote