The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Drunken Savior

Star Citizen

I've put off making a thread about this because...I honestly don't know how I'd portray it that doesn't short change it. At it's core, it's a multi-faceted Space MMO revolving around combat, trade, and exploration (the universe will be expanding, always creating new things to explore) with a heavy emphasis on immersion.

It's helmed by Chris Roberts (Wing Commander) and it trying to be very visually impressive. It is being released in a modular fashion. If you buy a ship now, you get access to the game, as well as the hanger. Not really much to do right now. Dogfighting should be coming soon (April 2014). Throughout 2014, you'll also see releases of the first world (with shops, bars, etc), a single player campaign, and the universe. The game is set to release early 2015.

The game has a ridiculous ammount of community funding from both Kickstarter and people buying ships (i.e. the game) and currently has over $38MM in funding.

I haven't funded it, I'm waiting for the game to release before I throw down money. But a large, explorable universe in a space travel sim does sound interesting. And a lot of online communities I belong to do have large Star Citizen groups.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 04:01 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Alucard and myself have been signed up for this game for a very long time now. We both really look forward to seeing what happens when this game releases. I only hope all the fan funding went to good use it wont come a broken mess....Like X-Rebirth.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #3
Drunken Savior

What are you guys going to be doing at first? Let me guess, Alucard is doing space prostitution?

I'll admit, I'm considering throwing down some money. But I'm afraid it's going to faulter or under-deliver. At this point, is there a point to putting down money? They have met their goal and I can always get a ship when I actually purchase the final copy. I do applaud everyone who threw down money though, it seems like a very ambitious project and Roberts has the pedigree and experience to deliver.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Reality
Sin and Punishment

He probably will. I might pimp him. Or just get him addicted to Alien crack. Apart from that I don't know where we'll begin. The game is so huge. We'll have to look at what areas appeal the most when its done and go from there. I do hope to someday own my own Galaxy battleship in which I can use to start a private army and invade all your trading routes.