The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #16
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Might not have gotten some achievements because of Steam problems. I was playing Binding of Isaac and didn't get some achievements I should have yesterday, and Steam has been going 'Down for Maintenance' for the past few days, could be that. Probably for the new game hubs.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
That happened to me on TF2, I got like 30 achievements that i should have gotten long ago, but a update came out and sprung them all on me all at once, and people called me a hacker for some reason cause of it.............. I was like, how does that make me a hacker getting a achievements with all the same time stamps?

But I looked it up, you have to beat hardcore mode for each difficulty on Hardcore. Which sucks, but oh well, since they have the achievements to beat it with all 3 characters, it's not that bad.

But you know how long it took me to beat Ordak with really bad gear! I ran though most of the game! I don't know how I didn't die during that entire time.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Can start pre-loading Torchlight 2 on Steam right now, a respectable 1.4GB. Go go go!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #19
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Torchlight 2 vs. Diablo III comparisons
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
Chronos
fuggit

Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The Blizz fanboys are ripping that article to shreds in the comments. The thought of a game being better than than a Blizzard game like Diablo 3; IMPOSSIBLE!

Torchlight 2 is gearing up to be fantastic, got it pre-loaded and ready to play come it's release.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I won't be playing on release, I'm going to see John Pinette that day. I'm going to give him some gluten free spaghetti!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Well, I'm 5 hours in and this game is pretty fantastic. Already it's better than Diablo 3 as far as gameplay goes, I much prefer the RPG mechanics and level system than Diablo's and the larger hotbar definitely helps since you get a lot of skills to pick from.

I'm playing on Normal Mode as an Engineer, going the more melee route, and I feel very under-powered; I've done pretty much all the quests available and I'm still a level 25 being forced to go into level 30+ areas. That said it's not really a bad thing, I enjoy the challenge in a game like this and it's still doable, though on harder difficulty levels I can see it being a bitch and a half. And there is so much loot it's unbelievable, I love it. I've been sending my pet into town to sell it all off quite often. The game isn't stingy with it's epic weapons but it's not generous either, it's the perfect level.

So I'm loving it so far, it's more than worth the money, I definitely recommend it as a single-player game or co-op. I had high expectations because of the team behind it, glad it's all paid off.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
spider-prime

I'm playing it on elite cause I want the challenge
Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #25
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I like a challenge but not on a first play through, would rather have a relaxing time, even though it's actually a bit of a challenge on normal mode at times, especially when you get swamped. I'll likely retire my Engineer and do an Outlander run on Elite when I'm done, probably with a friend or something.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
spider-prime

I love the embermage. I picked that for a 2nd character so I can send items though the shared stash.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Chronos
fuggit

They chose to make normal equal to elite in terms of drop rates. So if you're into farming there's no extra incentive to play on harder difficulties; you might as well play on casual mode for farming.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand it makes elite mode harder, since if you had that increased drop rate you could just farm each area and eventually out gear it, even faster than you could on normal, making it not so much about skill.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #28
spider-prime

elite isn't that hard, the bosses are, but the normal stuff just gives it more of a challenge. I figured there wasn't an increase in loot cause I was getting the same stuff. But I save up to enchant my gear and it really helps.