The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Chronos
fuggit

D3 1.04 Changes

Looks like the game is going to improve a lot once 1.04 releases. There's going to be legendary item buffs, where they are adding new proccing monster affix abilities like shielding, fire trail. Also item level 61 and 62 weapons are getting a dps increase so they can be almost as good as an item level 63 weapon, and the more annoying monster affixes like invulnerable minions are being removed altogether or nerfed. Full patch notes haven't been released but you can find all of the info by googling "diablo 3 1.04."

No word on the witch doctor class though, which is disappointing.

All in all I'm not sure if it's enough to make me switch from path of exile where I feel more connected to my characters. The game is like a modern diablo 2 whereas diablo 3 is like some weird arpg / hack-n-slash / MMO / auction house amalgamation.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Alucard

Blizzard can fuck off after nerfing the game so badly to appease the auction house. I wont be loading the game up again.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The ship has long since sailed as far as I'm concerned, I've got no real interest in D3 now. Torchlight 2 is just around the corner anyway.

Blizzard done goofed.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

AH is anti-fun. PoE has no gold whatsoever--you trade directly with players.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Northeastmonk

Here is a nice video explaining the changes. Mainly weapon aesthetics.

I went on the AH to buy a better weapon for my barb and everything has been increased ten fold in what they want. These changes look great, but all it is is flare outside of the weapon abilities. I bet once D3 gets an expansion and all is done, it will be worth going back. Because with all do respect TL2 is also not Diablo. On the other hand, PoE is doing great. What a crap waiting line Blizzard has put their fans in. But we're not a year into launch yet. So everything could be different about the same time next year.

Blizzard can't be sitting there with their thumbs up their ass when they have a reputation to uphold.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Chronos
fuggit

Someone suggested making both auction houses gold only, so no items whatsoever. That would be a huge step in the right direction.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
Northeastmonk

I think its going to take a while before the AH makes any sense. Farming for gold just gets old after a while. I'd rather have a higher level cap and better drops. I haven't found any good drops since the AH went live.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
at least they are trying to fix it, but too little too late.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #9
Alucard

They're not trying hard enough. Any changes done will be done in the smallest way so it doesnt interfere with their primary goal, making money from the real money auction house.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/20/di...-100-new-leve/ now they are adding paragon levels which will up your stats and magic/gold find to the max!

lol they really want people to come back and play. I'm more interested in playing now. but I still want a survival mode.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
Chronos
fuggit

Enjoying PoE way too much to even consider playing D3 at this point.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
Northeastmonk

It still doesn't change weapon drops. But it could help current gear.

Isn't Survival mode considered hardcore? I mean, if you dont survive you're dead anyway. I want another couple acts, better gear, more character classes, higher level cap, and these things they just added.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
spider-prime

in a way it will, cause when you reach level 100, you will have capped 300% magic find and gold find.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
bujeezus

i've given up on d3. waiting for torchlight 2 to come out.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
spider-prime

I said fuck it also and I'm just going to wait for an expansion if it's any good. Why waste my time getting the best items when a expansion will just come up that gives the better items even faster.