The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Steam: Game Hubs (Big Community Update)

Quote:
Dear Steam Community,

Since we launched Steam Screenshots in Febraury 2011, players have taken over 80 million screenshots chronicling their adventures, conquests, battles, victories and defeats. Since May 2011, almost 1 million videos were shared by linking your Youtube™ and Steam accounts. And since the introduction of the Steam Workshop in September, you've created over 200,000 Workshop Items.

So we're working on a Community update focused on finding and sharing the best of that content. Here's how:

Day 1: Game Hubs

Game Hubs are collections of game-centric discussions, workshop items, screenshots, videos, and news. It’s both community created and official content, as rated by you, Steam users.

Everything in one place
Now all of the community and official game content lives together on the Game Hub: Screenshots, videos, workshop items, news, and discussions are all easily accessible.

Discussions
Each Hub has a Discussions tab so now you can talk about your favorite games without diving into the Steam Forums.

Curated by players
The most popular content as rated by you and other community members floats to the top of the Hub. So it’s easy to see what’s currently the best and most active.

Every game has a hub
Think of it as the flip side of the Store. Every game on Steam has a hub to show off the latest news and what’s going on in the community.
http://steamcommunity.com/communitycontent

And there's so much more coming, this is Day 1 of 4 and already that's a pretty awesome new feature. Valve has always been very friendly and awesome with the community, stuff like this proves why we love 'em. This and the Greenlight feature too for voting Indie games onto the platform. I'm excited for the rest of what's to come, I'm guessing there's more.

Maybe these Days will become like classic Valve and get delayed, and we'll never ever see Day 3?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Alucard

Pretty awesome. I'd also like it if they improved the store front though.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

They need to fix their friends list, with people showing offline (when in actuality their community pages shows them online and truly playing games). Before getting this shit done.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

moar

Quote:
Continuing the drip-feed of new info on the upcoming major 'Steam Community' update, Valve has released new details on its improvements to 'Groups'.

"Since The Community first launched, Steam gamers have created over 2.5 Million groups ... [and] we're making it even easier for those players to share and enjoy their gaming experiences," explains Valve.

A revamped groups layout will make it easier to see what a group is really about, who's in it, and what they've been up to recently, says the developer, with added group overview, friend showcase, and other new options.

Each group will now have their own discussions area and each group will be able to list their favorite games.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...nts-to-groups/

Groups are actually having some type of use now? Yay!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
who wants a beta invite? I got one left.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Alucard

Beta to the new layout? I'll wait till its fully tested.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
but you're missing out!... on not much!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote