The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

TF2: Man vs Machine

Quote:
Team Fortress 2 now has a co-operative "horde" mode of its own, allowing five players to team up and take on waves and waves of...angry robots.

As expected, Valve's "Gray" teases have indeed led us to the dawn of the franchise's war against robotics.
The robots are modelled after each of the existing game's iconic classes. There's at least one new map built for this new game mode (pictured below), which has the robot army trying to deploy and detonate a bomb. There are also new achievements.

What's more, between waves you'll have the chance to upgrade both your character's abilities and weapons. Those making it to the end will pick up, you guessed it, loot. Which I'm guessing it hats.

Only details on the update's robots have been released today. Info on changes to the human players and just what the loot and equipment for the mode is will come later in the week.

The update is scheduled to go live on August 15.
http://kotaku.com/5934443/team-fortr...rd-team-robots

Damnit Valve, just when I thought I could uninstall TF2 you do this.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Alucard

Super cool
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
calintz
thank you based god

looks awesome

i loved horde/firefight/zombies rather than straight pvp - so this excites me
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Agreed. I like going against people sometimes but co-op is more fun. Can't wait to try it out sometime.

Also hats.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
wow, this is epic fail on valve's part.

wait times over 1 hour.................. and tickets to play on official servers? fuck that and errors galore and the massive lag no matter what server you are on.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
Alucard

Maybe thats for the free users. Is there a wait and tickets for people who bought the game?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah but I'm not free, I've had the game since it was released.

It's the same for everyone.

You can start your own server and run it, but you won't get any rewards and you will get massive lag. I mean like 900 ping! it will probably get patched but this shit is retarded.

you have to pay 99 cents to play ONE map on the official servers.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
Alucard

You cant get 900ping from hosting. Worst you'll get is 400 at the extreme, but should taper around 250-300. From what I've seen theres 2 types of official servers. The normal ones and the one you just mentioned where you pay just so you can score hats. And to me hats can FUCK OFF. They're the reason I stopped playing tf2.

I'll be too busy with CS GO to waste my time with a hat happy game.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
spider-prime

nope, it said 900 pings and up, everyone was complaining about it. Everyone was teleporting like crazy.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Well I tried it myself, didn't get any extreme lag from self-hosting so don't know what's up with you in that regard Spider, and it's pretty damn fun! It's a bit tough though, I played it alone and then with 1 friend and we struggled to hold them off, it definitely seems suited to a full party of players.

We tried jumping into a lobby and had a wait time of 30 minutes so thought fuck that, but can't wait till Valve sort it all out. The item server was offline for ages which was annoying.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
spider-prime

that's why it was fine for you, you did it yourself! You were running it in lan mode. I did the same also to try it out.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

We should do some MB Game Night shit again and try and all play this, and just totally suck at it.

From the little I've played, it's pretty awesome and it's a very generous free update too, I love you Valve for making every update free. I've had the most success so far with the Pyro and the Heavy, those are the two classes I've done the best with so far. Pyro moreso since if you upgrade the flamer to have more damage you can just tear through hordes of robots, the only problem is a lack of ammo.

So thumbs up from me. I'm waiting a while until valve sorts it all out but it's looking good so far, I recommend anyone reinstall TF2 in the near future to give it a try.