https://secure.gog.com/en/gamecard/l..._kain_defiance
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #4397
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
I've been getting all the Kain titles.
I've beaten every game in the series except Blood Omen 1, it's just too ugly to play. I still may play through it one day though.

I've beaten Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2 and that one Defiance.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #4398
Northeastmonk

For reference purposes only.

That pic above is a tad ugly. I was going by the Reaver titles and I played Blood Omen 2 a long time ago and I don't remember too much except for blood lusting and the nice artistic touch to it. For some odd reason those Underworld movies remind me of this series.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #4399
justin_credible

I had forgotten/never noticed Crystal Dynamics used to be under Activision? Then they were bought by Eidos which I knew that then Eidos was bought by Square Enix.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #4400
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I was like WTF Activision? Then I thought they must have just been the publisher in America as Crystal Dynamics were there own publisher in Europe. Silicon Knights were an excellent developer back then I really wish they got to finish the series as they saw it. Instead of Crystal Dynamics taking the series off them through a lengthy court battle.

Anyway really you should play BO1 I still think it's the best in the series and I really like the others apart from BO2 which was pretty bad.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #4401
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Ooh, opinions on the Nexus 7 would be appreciated. I'm looking at them myself but want to make an informed decision, base my opinion off more than just "it's so shiny!!!11" like I'm currently doing.
hands down the best cheap tablet ever! I love the IPS screen on it. If you've used a android tablet before or even their phones, you know what you're getting into. But my only complaint is... no expandable memory. But for 250, I would buy it again.
It's nice and slim. My store was out of screen protectors for it and the screen film you're supposed to remove... works awesome as a screen protector! I didn't even take it off.

The other horrid thing about it is the box................... I WANTED TO DESTROY IT! AND I DID! It just wouldn't slide out of the box, it was like it was super glued! I thought at first I did something wrong so I youtubed some unboxings of it and there it was, everyone had the same problem.
So if you buy one and think you will keep the box... think again. You will wreck it trying to get it out.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #4402
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I got the Nexus 7 about a week ago. I'm very satisfied with it. Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) is very sleek. I agree with Spider-Prime that it should have had the option for expandable memory, but you can't beat that price. I didn't have any issues with unboxing it myself. Maybe it was only an issue with the first batch?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #4403
Alucard

You dont need the box. Obliterate it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #4404
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
I was like WTF Activision? Then I thought they must have just been the publisher in America as Crystal Dynamics were there own publisher in Europe. Silicon Knights were an excellent developer back then I really wish they got to finish the series as they saw it. Instead of Crystal Dynamics taking the series off them through a lengthy court battle.

Anyway really you should play BO1 I still think it's the best in the series and I really like the others apart from BO2 which was pretty bad.
Yeah with the exception of BO2 all of them are really good. The original by Silicon Knights was indeed awesome but Crystal Dynamics did a really good job maintaining the continuity of the series. And without Crystal Dynamics we probably would have never seen Raziel. And the relationship between the fatalistic Kain and poetic Raziel is what made this series so intriguing to begin with, not ignoring the truly exceptional writing of Amy Hennig.

It's really a shame this series have fallen by the wayside, even if Defiance offered a satisfying conclusion.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #4405
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Sam View Post
I got the Nexus 7 about a week ago. I'm very satisfied with it. Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) is very sleek. I agree with Spider-Prime that it should have had the option for expandable memory, but you can't beat that price. I didn't have any issues with unboxing it myself. Maybe it was only an issue with the first batch?
I got it cause I wanted a portable browser and I didn't even know Chrome was included. Which is awesome, just like the PC version.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #4406
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
I've been getting all the Kain titles.
Good decision. Its a great series, mostly for the story, characters and soundtrack/imersion.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #4407
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I bought the new iPad for my classroom. Makes things so much easier cause I don't have to use my whiteboard as much anymore.

I also bought Persona Arena which is very fun, but weird to get used to. The controls are different.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #4408
justin_credible

Just ordered this off Ebay. It's the Asian version in full english. It's got everything thats on PSN (which is $39.99 + tax) I paid $23.99 + $4 shipping, as I prefer the disc version over downloaded version plus it's cheaper anyway. Only bad thing is I just have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #4409
Northeastmonk

I always wondered how good Siren was; it was all over the place for a while. I remember seeing Siren on PS2, but never getting to play it personally.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #4410
justin_credible

I have Siren 1 on PS2 I've only played it a little, it seems pretty creepy. I need to beat that and of course then one when I get it.

I've wanted this on PSN ever since it came out like 4 years ago, but I was hoping they'd drop the price but it's stayed at $39.99 this entire time never been on sale. I'm glad I found it cheaper and a disc version which I prefer.