The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #61
calintz
thank you based god

ah got it - yeah a couple of seconds and NPCs forget you slaughtered a group of soldiers was a bit jarring
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #62
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Trailer with gameplay

Main character looks a lot more able than Ezio or Altair, I love how quickly he assassinates the two people at the ending and dives through the houses mid-way through. As an Assassin should be! Hopefully the forest environment will be as nice a change as the one was in MGS3.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

It's looking very nice though it does look like most of the stealth gameplay has been axed at the moment.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #64
Northeastmonk

Running through buildings and the fighting mechanics make it look great. Red Dead was a title that I thought brought the relationship between player and smaller towns together. You felt more sympathy for the city/area where you were. For this setting I think/hope they do something like that. Plus the fact you're not so secretive in ACIII. And that bear reminded me of RDR.

I've never felt eager to help other NPCs in previous AC titles. You are either thrown a huge plot and are forced to sit through all the scifi stuff and never get a feeling or a thrill from helping other people. But I've enjoyed the series so far, played all of them except the handhelds. I just feel a little warped from their linear fashion of telling the AC story.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #65
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

This was one of the bigger surprises of E3 for me. AC2 was really a much more advanced game than the first. I was hoping that being a proper sequel, AC3 would be leaps and bounds over AC2. This is a step in the right direction.

Though the hobbyist historian in me wonders, is Connor on a US ship or a French ship. He's clearly not on a British ship as someone points to an enemy as the British. The US, at the time, had a horrible navy and it really wasn't improved upon until the US wanted to fuck up the Barbary Pirates.

What I'm getting at is that since the series has a deep respect for history, having Connor destroy British ship after British ship in a US ship isn't that close to history, at least on par for how the series has involved history in the past. The French navy messing up the British is more realistic. I guess we'll know more later.

However, it still looks pretty damn cool.

I've already reserved my PC copy on Amazon for $50. I bet it bumps up to $60 by release date but Amazon locks in whatever the price was when you first preorder it.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #66
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Assassin's Creed III is shaping up to very nice and thankfully it's looking to be hugely different from the previous titles in the series and in a good way. Those ship vs ship battles look like alot of fun.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #67
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I loved the AC2 sequels but they were all quite samey, I'm glad that isn't the case now. Looks very awesome.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #68
calintz
thank you based god

patriotic much?

calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #69
bujeezus

man, everybody knows bears hibernate durin the winter!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #70
Northeastmonk

How much of it will be saturated in talk about the Templars? I mean; the history in AC1 and 2 wasn't much, it was basically landscapes.

I have high hopes this could be very good and it probably will be. But it sounds so BS already knowing what AC is typically filled with. I got it reserved for this whole thing too.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #71
Northeastmonk

Darnit; Newegg.com has Assassin's Creed III for $47.99 with free shipping for 360 and PS3 versions. Which is $2 less then what I paid for the PC copy. Plus I get no refund.

Enter code: EMCYTZT1964
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=wtndyaogcpdc

http://dealnews.com/Assassins-Creed-...ng/598793.html

AC3 has been getting a lot of publicity lately. These sound like great prices, but if you remember how fast Revelations went down in price you can almost imagine the same thing for AC3. I think ACR was down to $40 on Black Friday.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #72
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Can't wait for AC3, looks amazing. Definitely a Day 1 buy for me.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #73
Northeastmonk

I like how the hipster song makes history look cool again. This is great, but more for the general public.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #74
Northeastmonk

Bringing back this thread, which should be alive and kicking since the franchise is going to be a movie. I get a Red Dead Redemption feeling, but nothing has come close to filling those shoes.

Quote:
The latest historical action game from Ubisoft introduces a new main character, part-Native American, part-English protagonist Connor, who takes the lead role in continuing the assassins' centuries-long battle against the Knights Templar. The game, out Tuesday ($60, for PS3 and Xbox 360, ages 17-up; due for Windows Nov. 20), is set during the American war for independence and continues a story cycle that has sold more than 40 million games for the publisher.

An accompanying game, Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, also out Tuesday ($40, ages 17-up) for Sony's handheld PlayStation Vita system, takes place during the same 18th-century period, but in New Orleans, and stars an African-French female assassin named Aveline.

The pair of Assassin's Creed games stretches the standard for what constitutes a video game hero. Most remain white and male, even though some games such as Mass Effect allow the look of the main character to be customized.

Not only is Connor the only non-white main character in a console game this year, "Assassin's Creed III is the only game I can think of with a substantive primary role for a Native American character," says Arthur Gies, reviews editor for Polygon.com. It is also a "step in the right direction for a high-profile title" such as Liberation to have a mixed-race female lead, he says. Ubisoft's one-two Assassin's punch is, Gies says, "subversive, for sure."
Quote:
A new lead character and new entry point could be driving interest in the game, Gies says. "I think the Revolutionary War setting is going to get an awful lot of attention, and initially could lead to great sales."

The franchise is popular enough that a live-action movie is in the works. "It's clear Ubisoft has a hit series in its portfolio," says Dan Hsu, GamesBeat editor-in-chief for VentureBeat.com. "Assassin's Creed is an ideal marriage of a great, marketable name, iconic imagery with its mysterious and cloaked protagonists, and a made-for-gamers theme. Who wouldn't think it's cool to be an assassin?"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/g...-role/1662709/

I always get into the Assassin's Creed feeling when a new entry comes out. I remember when AC2 came out and I was pumped, probably because Arkham Asylum was out at that time. I personally will probably get a PS3 copy to go a long with my PC version already purchased. I've been thinking it over. And I always have had a great experience with AC on console.

It's also been leaked (360 version). Way more excited for Infinite, but this is 2nd.

To those who own a Vita: Why isn't the Liberation getting talked about a lot? It looks great. I don't own a Vita, but if its good I'd probably pick it up

Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #75
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I'll be getting the PC version when it's released on Nov. 20!

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote