The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
calintz
thank you based god

To The Moon

not sure if i read about this game on here, but this looks like a tear jerker

Quote:
Dr. Eva Rosalene and Dr. Neil Watts have rather peculiar jobs:

They give people another chance to live. Literally.

There exists a technology that allows doctors to weave artificial memories, such that a patient can request attempts to alter their mind, and wake up with memories of things that didn’t actually happen.

However, since these new memories are permanent, the conflict between them and the existing authentic memories clash in such a way that it ceases the person’s ability to properly function.

Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives… but didn’t.

But creating a new memory is not as simple as pressing a button.

The technology requires the doctors to step into the memories of the patient, which are reconstructed as interactive scenes. The doctors then gradually traverse backwards through memories of the patient’s life until they reach childhood — at which point, the wish of the patient in present time would be transferred over.

Along with the doctors’ influence, the patient (as a child) could then lead an entire different life inside their head, working toward and fulfilling their dying wish themselves.

And if all goes well, they would wake up, having lived the dream life they never had, and embrace a brief moment of blissful fulfillment.

Shortly after, they’d draw their last breath.

Every once in a while, there comes a life that is rather peculiar.

This particular story follows Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts’ attempt to fulfill the dream of the dying elderly man, Johnny. In their mission to do so, they traverse backwards through the man’s memories, unfolding his curious life story before their eyes.

With each step back in time, a new fragment of Johnny’s past is revealed. And as the two doctors piece together the puzzled events that spanned a life time, they seek to find out just why the frail old man chose his dying wish to be what it is.

And Johnny’s last wish is, of course… to go to the moon.
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

That actually does look really interesting. I think I'll push this one up in priority when I can get my hands on it.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Alucard

I've been wanting to play this since it came out ages back. Just waiting for it to drop in price.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Oh! nice I've seen this listed on play.com but couldn't find any videos looks very interesting. Comes in a two disc special edition with the soundtrack.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
calintz
thank you based god

got the soundrack with one of the indie bundles awhile ago - very nice, snes jrpg-esque ost
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Alucard

If you go to greenman gaming and pickup their free game Divine Divinity, and add To the Moon, the discount code makes the game $7.20. Pretty good.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...yond-divinity/
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Very nice. I'm going to check this out.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote