The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #76
justin_credible

Just a drawing at my local Target around Christmas time. I don't think it was nationwide or anything just at that one Target.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #77
Northeastmonk

Target was great for having games before their release date. Now a days all you see is crummy store demos. Even in GameStop they never have anything to try out that isn't a few years old.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #78
justin_credible

Yeah Target used to kick ass for in store demos. I think it's the first place I ever got to try a Playstation 1, and possibly other systems that I can't remember.

There's two in my city but I haven't stepped in one in years.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #79
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Corroborating patent evidence
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #80
Joe Redifer
Olé!

God I wish they would stop trying to shove Kinect down our throats. It's just like Bing, they don't know when to throw in the towel.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #81
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
God I wish they would stop trying to shove Kinect down our throats. It's just like Bing, they don't know when to throw in the towel.
Yeah there's like 10 kinects at a pawn shop right on the next block from my house for $29.99(!) and I still have no interest in getting one.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #82
Joe Redifer
Olé!

It's almost as if Microsoft thinks "People aren't getting what this is all about. We'll ramp advertising even more!" No, we know what it is and it is not a way we want to play games. Maybe an occasional game with the family or some shit AT MOST. Even the Wii is better than Kinect. Microsoft is just sad, really.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #83
justin_credible

Quote:
It's almost as if Microsoft thinks "People aren't getting what this is all about. We'll ramp advertising even more!" No, we know what it is and it is not a way we want to play games. Maybe an occasional game with the family or some shit AT MOST. Even the Wii is better than Kinect. Microsoft is just sad, really.
Yep at least Sony was smart enough to make Move non essential other than the occasional game. Sadly the games you can use Move on are waaaay better than the ones for Kinect. I don't see Sony basing PS4 off Move, but you never know.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #84
Joe Redifer
Olé!

That would suck if they did, but I don't think they're that dumb. They know people just want to sit back and play videogames.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #85
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

They're building Kinect into their next console, so obviously they have plans for utilizing it. I agree 100% with what you're saying, Joe. All these gimmicks (Kinect, PS Move, Wii-mote) need to go away. The only thing you need for a VG console is a good controller.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #86
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I wouldn't mind seeing Kinect built into there next Xbox, there are a couple of Kinect games I do want to play (Steel Battalion, Rise of Nightmares) but that's not enough to make me buy a Kinect as is. If it was built in that wouldn't be a problem.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #87
Nindalf

Quote:
Consoles I've gotten at launch:

Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega 32X

Sega Saturn
Sony Playstation
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS

All still working. Well, except the Nintendo DS. It may still work, but I sold it when I got the DS Light.
oh man, why do that to yourself?
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #88
Nem
Smash bro!

Wouldnt the Saturn at launch be even worse? I remember it cost a fortune.

Only console i bought at launch was the dreamcast. Saturn, the Sega CD/Mega CD i bought close to release. They were all worth it somehow in the end. Sega CD for Sonic CD and Saturn for all the great games.

And by the way, Genesis was better than the SNES in the west: fact.

Too bad Sonic went to hell when they began the whole 3D thing. It was a fantastic game back in the 2D glory days.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #89
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Genesis was every bit as good a console as the SNES. Sometimes the SNES would have better software at one moment and then the Genesis would take the lead. Back and forth it went.

Nem, you're right: 2D Sonic obliterates the 3D installments. Indeed, is there any series by Sega which started off as 2D and actually maintained quality after making the transition to 3D? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. PSO was alright but definitely not in the same league as I-IV.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #90
Dj Jimmi Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
Genesis was every bit as good a console as the SNES. Sometimes the SNES would have better software at one moment and then the Genesis would take the lead. Back and forth it went.

Nem, you're right: 2D Sonic obliterates the 3D installments. Indeed, is there any series by Sega which started off as 2D and actually maintained quality after making the transition to 3D? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. PSO was alright but definitely not in the same league as I-IV.
I had the SNES as a kid, I still wanted a Sega Genesis, but most of my friends and family had one, so I didn't really want one anymore. As for classic Sonic being better than the newer ones, that is very debatable. Sonic Colors was damn good, better than the first imo, and the only absolutely terrible 3d Sonic title is Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations is also friggin' awesome.

Icarus, I find it difficult to stand next to you and your view of classic games, I understand your passionate about your hobby, but your only hurting yourself. New games really aren't all that bad, and the creative geniuses that made our beloved games of yesteryear are making cheap ios and android games that are in most cases, more primitive than many of the NES and SNES games we all know and love. Besides, nobody is gonna just stop buying video games now, their too good.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote