The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 06-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
No kid was more spoiled than me, I actually had 2nd helpings during meals some times!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Very opposite of my childhood then, I have such terrible eating habits now because I wouldn't eat for pretty much days at a time. I survive these days on about 1 meal a day, or every 2 days usually. Everytime I visited my girlfriend she'd force-feed me like 4 meals a day.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
Alucard

I still do average 1 meal a day. I'm hardcore.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
I survive these days on about 1 meal a day, or every 2 days usually.
I'd be careful with that though before it messes with your cycle and you stop menstruating.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I wondered why I'd stopped shitting blood.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Now you know!
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

And knowing is half the battle!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
Northeastmonk

I was fat growing up, or at least that I think. My parents fed me real good. But when your like 12 and you get whoppers sent home by your mother. Your weight increases dramatically.

So I fell into this idea that I was always fat. So I lost weight. Some say I had anorexia. Then all I did was not eat.

Now I've gone to healthy foods, no more fast food. But a mix of fresh lean meats, veggies, and all sorts of fruit.

I just remember that I felt the hurt from being bullied about my weight. It caused some severe damage as a male.

Yeah; your body is meant to run and micronutrients that you cant otherwise get from your body. So its not safe NOT to eat. Your body has to replenish and repair and without food you can easily have some problems. I would advise not getting too used to that.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I grew up in a good home but while I am considered friendly and nice my older brother was a actual bully. When he was 12 he simply loved picking on people. He would push and push constantly at his 9 year old sister's emotions and then smile when she was crying. He was just a jerk though none of us acted the same way or was raised to act like that. He was spanked, stood in corners, talked to, ect and nothing made him want to act like a better person. It was simply a choice he made and he enjoyed the attention it got him. For better or worse. He really shaped up now since he is 27. He grew up of his bad behaviors. Or it was beaten out of him at the Marine Core.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #25
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
You cant discipline kids like that today or they go call the cops on you. All those stupid womens groups fighting for childrens rights did this basically.
^This. Basically they created an environment hostile towards parental supervision, hence the drastic increase in problem children. It's a free-for-all where the child is always viewed as the "victim" when in actuality they very likely deserved to be punished. There's a fine line between hitting a child and abuse. If a kid gets spanked or hit with a belt for being bad, that's not abuse. If on the other hand a kid gets punched or thrown across the room, that's clearly abuse.

Unless a child is taught that there are consequences for bad behavior, they will grow up believing that they can get away with doing anything they want. Parents aren't allowed to be parents (or simply don't want to be...) so they feed them into as many extra-cirricular activities, e.g. summer camp, beach school, sports, etc. as they can find to alleviate themselves of the responsibility. This coupled with the negative influence of the media explains why there's so many problem children and teens running around doing whatever they want, committing serious crimes, being abusive both verbally/physically, and showing complete and utter disrespect for others.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
Alucard

I remember being at the supermarket and this one little 7 year old was going mental demanding hismum buy him whatever the fuck it was and she kept saying no cant afford it no, and he went ballistic. He kept pulling on her arm and fake crying and screaming. 1min later the mother SMACKS him across the top of the head. My friend and I were like YOU GO GIRL!! But people around us were staring at her with disapproving looks. Oh how could she hit that child etcetc. Total joke how society is.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

You and your friend said "You go girl"?

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
progmetal
!

lololol

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Kids these day has more issues than us back in the day.

The key is how to discipline them. By making them "scared" to their parents by physical approach is not a good approach anymore.

It works in the past, but in this vast-changing internet / tech era, different approach must be taken for parents. Hitting them in the butt is just not that effective anymore.

Hell... it was worked for me !
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
Alucard

They have less issues. Everything is easier for them today. They just make up shit now to give themselves reasons to think their lives are complicated enough to act like retards.