The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #136
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

I wonder why they added enrage timers to some of the bosses.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #137
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
patch means nothing to me, drops are still bad. Played for 3 hours on act 3 inferno and still only got level 50 items....
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #138
calintz
thank you based god

that's a string of bad luck lol

i've had 5NV, 200% MF and still got a level 51 drop in diablo inferno lol
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #139
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm going to wait to see if other people have better drops, when more people who try to sell their items for high prices stop getting the high payout, most of the time they will drop the prices.
Items that are complete crap but are better for me, everyone is asking for 20 million at least! fuckt hat shit!

But if you guys want easy cash, any level 60 gear you just vendor, don't, salvage them and get the materials for them and sell them, they are worth more. the stupid essence from normal 60 blues are worth 2000 each! I just sold 150 of them and I got 255000 gold after the stupid blizzard tax on fake gold!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #140
Alucard

Game can go to hell. Sick of being raped and forced to go to the AH to buy better equip because of the drops being so shit and the crafting practically USELESS unless you're like level 4 million. Its like the least fun diablo game at high levels. I dont have a problem with difficulty, just broken mechanics and useless game additions, like crafting. Fuck you AH.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #141
calintz
thank you based god

didn't do AH until i was in inferno with my monk

not sure what you're doing wrong
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #142
Alucard

What I'm doing wrong is getting raped instantly by high level groups that are attached via energy chain who surround me so I cant run away and then rape me repeatedly. Shit lag doesnt help.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #143
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintz View Post
didn't do AH until i was in inferno with my monk

not sure what you're doing wrong
yah I was the same way, didn't need it really till then.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #144
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
What I'm doing wrong is getting raped instantly by high level groups that are attached via energy chain who surround me so I cant run away and then rape me repeatedly. Shit lag doesnt help.
AH is the best place to help that problem. Make sure to type in a price range and level because they have some ridiculous prices.

Those things suck, especially if they're fire link and they release those orbs.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #145
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Just wait for Torchlight 2 if you need your looting fix. Only played the Beta when they were stress testing their servers, which perhaps Blizzard should have done more of, you know, being one of the largest videogame developers around and all, but it was already better than D3 right from the off in most, if not all, aspects. Couple that with being 1/3 the price and not needing to be online all the time and we have a clear winner.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #146
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Just wait for Torchlight 2 if you need your looting fix. Only played the Beta when they were stress testing their servers, which perhaps Blizzard should have done more of, you know, being one of the largest videogame developers around and all, but it was already better than D3 right from the off in most, if not all, aspects. Couple that with being 1/3 the price and not needing to be online all the time and we have a clear winner.
What? Diablo 3 is an awesome game, and I played TL2 beta as well. Can't really say which is best yet, but I'm guessing torchlight because it's the same team as diablo 1 and 2, and there was some awesome stuff in torchlight 1 to expand upon like ancestry/retiring characters which is a really cool system, and the loot is amazing. It's hard to go an hour without seeing a cool weapon with on-hit effects.

With D3, there are some glaring flaws in the way loot is done, and the way gold sinks are handled which I don't think Blizzard will ever fix because they want more people using the RMAH as possible. But playing the game without the AH's are possible...you just might be stuck farming azmodan on hell for a long time before going to inferno, and likewise being stuck on act 1 inferno for a while, which is fine imo. My biggest problem is you never get upgrades that are insanely good. There needs to be more on-hit effects and affixes that increase skills. Blizzard is treating this way too much like an MMO.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #147
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Didn't say it wasn't an awesome game, just said Torchlight 2 is better, and that was only the Beta of it too. Just find the overall game feeling better, with the full hotbar making combat more fun, the RPG and loot mechanics seem more solid, better drops and less identifying shit items like in the original, and no needing to faff about with always being online and shit like that, the game just worked.

Pre-ordered as soon as I tried the Beta and can't wait to play it with friends. Pretty amazing that Runic is about 1/10 the size of Blizzard too, and doesn't have nearly as much money or resources as they do, and yet produced a game just as good if not better. We all know where the original Diablo talent ended up eh?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #148
Chronos
fuggit

not really surprising when you're comparing a fresh team (activision) to diablo 1/2 veterans (runic).
Old 06-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #149
Northeastmonk

I'd say Torchlight is good while you wait for more updates and expansions from Blizzard. lol bc as soon as Blizzard releases new content I'm right back where I started. Plus PvP hasn't been released yet.

I personally haven't found a single decent drop at level 60, everything I get thats been worth wild has been on the AH. But then again I've not been farming Act 1 inferno, just playing other classes atm.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #150
Chronos
fuggit

Blizzard wants high tier items to be really scarce to keep the best items as expensive as possible. Look at the hasty nerfs to goblin farming, repair costs, etc. If everyone was getting awesome loot the prices would fall, and blizzard would make less money. Brilliant marketing and shitty for the player that want to just play and not use the AH.

At least with the 1.03 patch solo players have a chance at an item lvl. 63 piece in act 1 inferno, and it's pretty easy to get geared for act 1 inferno by doing hell act 3-4, but the system still rewards those who play the AH game the most.