The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #106
Alucard

Idiots. Scan your pc and you wont have issues. Scan shit you download and you wont have issues.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #107
Chronos
fuggit

real money auction house went live for NA. 6 stat rares with good values are selling for around $250 (the stuff that only drops in acts 3/4 inferno), but I also saw some lower level stuff going for a lot as well, especially low level / high dps twink weapons.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #108
Northeastmonk

I got some rares up near $20. Pretty nice knowing a set price. $250 is a bit much to spend. I wonder how many of those have actually sold.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #109
Chronos
fuggit

Didn't want to deal with the RMAH, so I'm making the switch to hardcore on my other account sometime soon (no RMAH in hardcore mode).
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #110
Northeastmonk

I bought into the hype that you needed an authenticator for the AH, so... it should be arriving in the mail soon lol. $6.50 free shipping and handelling because Blizzard wants to lower consumer costs.

You can skip the error that says you need to make your account legit and check your prices on your gear. A small gimmick.

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I like knowing that my money is safe and sound where I left it. That way, I can keep buying things. I like things. With that in mind, Blizzard has announced it will require the use of a Battle.net Authenticator before funds can be added to Battle.net Balance -- funds which can then be spent on things in Diablo 3's Real-Money Auction House. No Authenticator, no RMAH. Sure, it means adding a step to the login for players who don't already use the Authenticator, but that's worth it for the sense of security you'll feel once you've locked down your account.

If you don't have an Authenticator yet, you can pick one up for $6.50 over at the Blizzard store, which isn't a totally unreasonable price for the protection of your hard earned cash money. For those with smart phones, the Mobile Authenticator app can be downloaded free of charge. Maybe that little speed bump will stop some of us from impulse buying that new crossbow we've been eyeing.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1225041p1.html
Old 06-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #111
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm laughing when I read the blizzard forums about inflation and all this shit for even the gold auction house.

I'm liking the game even tho it's far less replayablity compared to diablo 1 and 2 and these people are treating it like every single part of the game is a job and you need education to play the game and if you don't like it starts up a flame war like crazy.

I one time said in chat that they should put a gold cap at least for the AH so people dont' ask for 100 million gold or higher cause that is kind of stupid cause how long it would take to get that much, even selling items doesn't give you that much cause nobody wants to pay 1 million gold or can't cause that would be all of their gold. I don't mind higher prices, I think they just need to have some form of cap to stop retarded amounts to sell for.
and then I got a lecture about inflation.... I was like, are we talking about the same thing? cause I thought we were talking about a pass time hobby like thing called a video game.... lol oh man did I really insult him by saying that. I wish I copied and pasted it. He was really throwing the insults out. I said the last thing saying Sorry, I don't live in Korea where playing video games is my job/life. I blew his mind then and just kept responding with more faces all the time. Oh good times.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #112
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Yeah, if it werent for the AH i doubt people would have the gear to progress through inferno as fast as they do.

But the prices on AH are crazy and lol i'd say the same thing as you to that stooge. It's like the WoW community went over to D3.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #113
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Most of my gear I did myself but once I got to act 2, I had to use the AH to get gear with more resistances. I have 400 right now and it's finally doable a bit.

I don't mind the AH mostly cause to me it is a form of trading, which I did a lot in D2. But I wish they would put in offers instead of just gold. so if you have one item that is good for the other guy, he could accept it and trade items instead of using gold.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #114
Northeastmonk

I saw someone with a Demon Hunter with 300k dps. wth am I gonna get that? I got to Act II inferno and cannot do much atm with fast mobs. My Wizard has around 22k, though I know I could throw more in my gear in terms of my 200 resistance, but seriously I upgraded and still got one shotted. I'm glad my damage is high, but seriously 300k? I also do great on sales, except they've lowered the loot you can get, possible 20-40k gets you better gear. But at one moment I could get stuff real cheap.

Honestly; I'm trying to build my barb for inferno. I got him to Nightmare so far.

Spider, yeah the 2 mill gold and gold buy outs are crazy. No sense in spending that much. However I haven't done any better for spending 40k on a few stats. They're hard to stack if you dont want to give up. But I'm thinking I'll have to cut my dps by at least 6 or 7k to get anywhere in act 2.

Not to draw anyone away from Inferno, its still a lot of fun. But my wizard has a world of hurt in act 2.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #115
Chronos
fuggit

Should be a lot better once 1.03 releases, and you can farm the best gear in the game in act 1.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #116
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

hm, that Demon Hunter most likely went glass cannon with Sharpshooter, steady aim and archery. He must stack a lot of dex + crit damage as well. But if you play a DH you pretty much only have your dps to survive by. Everything else you get one shotted by. Dodge chance is like a god send when it does happen. If you have the gear though with 150k+ dps, that's pretty much the equivalent to stacking 700+ resistances.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #117
spider-prime

I can survive Whimsy inferno now. 5 hits and I'm dead Been trying to farm it for what I can do, but my barb needs more str to pump up his attack power.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #118
Chronos
fuggit

Started playing the original Diablo again, and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #119
spider-prime

I still love the first Diablo, I still say it's the best one. That's why I would love it if they remade it but to include some new gameplay stuff... like running!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #120
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Offline server emulators are already starting to pop-up now; buggy, but apparently working! Base build is all working. I wonder how Blizzard will react to this.