The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #46
Ernst

Haha! That's either a misunderstanding of the survey or a very skilful manipulation of it! It was the percentage of people asked. It's not about a comparison of numbers. I have no doubt the methodology has a set number of users of each OS asked. But I wasn't comparing how many users like mac to windows, I was simply disputing your claim that almost every windows user never has any problem. Clearly, very clearly, that isn't the case.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #47
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
I'd still say a MacBook, since they're about to announce a new line in a few days. Or even an iPad. iPad's amazing.
No. Not interested in Mac products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
My new Acer is pretty crappy compared to how awesome the Fujitsu laptop were.
Yeah, Acer wasn't a consideration at all.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #48
Ernst

Well, I wouldn't go with a netbook. In my experience, they're not really suitable.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #49
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Oh of course, every PC and every OS has problems, usually because people don't know how to manage them but everything does, I thought that went without saying. Windows suffers from being on more budget hardware. Have to shop around more to not get something shitty.

But Macs are far from having no problems either, as people in this thread even demonstrated, and my Mac for less than 6 months even developed some annoying problems and I like to think I can handle computers well. They're far from being stable, impenetrable beasts as some people like to portray them as.

Windows 7 has actually recieved very awesome reception, it's quite unanimous it's a very awesome OS and stands up just as tall as MacOS, I've used both and Windows 7 makes navigation so much quicker and better. Shame Windows 8 is shaping up to be a big turd.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/635602/head-t...n-vs-windows-7

I like this article, it's a more level-headed approach to the OS' and shows where they each shine, since both are good at different things. There's no "THIS ONE WINS!!!" vibe about it, which too many articles are about, either being pro Mac or pro Windows. Those are the articles to ignore, neither is flat-out better than the other. Anyone who says that is flat-out wrong. Can prefer one but doesn't make the other suck.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #50
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Well, I wouldn't go with a netbook. In my experience, they're not really suitable.
Suitable for what?

Also, I've been using a PC my entire life.

I have two terrabyte drives which would be automatically rendered useless if I switched to a Mac because they're not compatible.

I don't like the interface and I don't like how Apple tries to isolate everything so that you have to go to their store and switch parts by paying a ridiculous fee.

I'm taking this with me overseas, likely to Korea. If a part dies in my laptop, I will be likely to find a replacement or someone who can fix it, as Korea is PC heaven.

Please just drop it, I'm not getting a Mac.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #51
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Suitable for what?

Also, I've been using a PC my entire life.

I have two terrabyte drives which would be automatically rendered useless if I switched to a Mac because they're not compatible.

I don't like the interface and I don't like how Apple tries to isolate everything so that you have to go to their store and switch parts by paying a ridiculous fee.

I'm taking this with me overseas, likely to Korea. If a part dies in my laptop, I will be likely to find a replacement or someone who can fix it, as Korea is PC heaven.

Please just drop it, I'm not getting a Mac.
Er, okay? I wasn't posting here for the good of my health or to get Apple another sale, when you said you didn't want a mac, I stopped advocating it and said I didn't think a netbook was suitable, for what you wanted, not that you shouldn't buy anything else.

Quote:
I like this article, it's a more level-headed approach to the OS' and shows where they each shine, since both are good at different things. There's no "THIS ONE WINS!!!" vibe about it, which too many articles are about, either being pro Mac or pro Windows. Those are the articles to ignore, neither is flat-out better than the other. Anyone who says that is flat-out wrong. Can prefer one but doesn't make the other suck.
Agreed.