The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #46
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Naa, just played it on standard difficulty like every game's first playthrough. Probably would have died on a hard difficulty, but the game was very generous with medkits on normal mode.
Enemies generally don't use their whole arsenal in games if you don't play them on the highest difficulty. I find it a waste of time to play standard difficulty if I want to experience the complete game.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #47
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I didn't feel like I didn't experience the full game playing on Normal mode. Enemies simply hit harder as you go up the difficulty in Bioshock, they don't suddenly pull out different weapons or tactics.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #48
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Ah, I'm not bovvered to check any other difficulties any more, just to be sure I'm not missing out any moves rarely used in lower difficulties, as is the case with belt scroll games.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #49
Alucard

Quote:
Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, or to circumvent the leaderboards will be quarantined from all other players into a "Cheaters Pool", where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants.
Well at the very least its destroying everyone else with its AWESOME cheat sorter method. This should be in every game.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...x-payne-3.html
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #50
Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
I didn't feel like I didn't experience the full game playing on Normal mode. Enemies simply hit harder as you go up the difficulty in Bioshock, they don't suddenly pull out different weapons or tactics.
i really hate this concept. it's rare for modern games to do more than increase enemy health and damage when changing difficulty level. many classic 2d games actually changed enemy attacks and AI behavior.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #51
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Played for 3 hours and gave up. So boring and nothing like the originals. Plus the stupid LSD screen thing they do throughout got old. Maybe I'll pick it up again later.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Yahweh14518 Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #52
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
Played for 3 hours and gave up. So boring and nothing like the originals. Plus the stupid LSD screen thing they do throughout got old. Maybe I'll pick it up again later.
Each to his own, I'm literarly watching the credits now and I absolutely loved it. This was 2 1/2 times as long as either of the first two Max Paynes with better gameplay and a great story. I'm not sure what else anyone else could possibly ask for.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote