The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #31
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechin View Post
Haha, I have that exact same model. Tis nice having 1920x1200.

But I'm going to get this monitor: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XC88...onitor-gd245hq since Dicksmith in Australia are pretty much closing down and I should hopefully be getting it for about 300 despite what it says on the listing. 120hz makes all the difference. *drools*. Haven't noticed ghosting on my bros monitors so far, so should be good.
Where did you hear about dick smith closing down? I've seen no news at all. I'd also probably not go for that monitor. Lots of reviews say the text have halos around them and theres also a buzzing sound. Viewing angles arent the best since its a TN panel. I really want a 12hz monitor but none of the 16:10 ones are good enough from the looks of it. Theres a couple awesome 16:9 ones however like the Samsung S23A950D which sounds to be amazing all around. Although the 27" version of that monitor is looking extremely tasty, S27A950D. Awesome reviews, not really that expensive, and for the size I could probably handle 16:9.

I still cant handle 16:9. My 22" 16:10 is about the height of the 27". Pisses me off. Things wont be bigger, they'll just be wider.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #32
Alucard

Ok just noticed the dick smith news, 1 in 4 stores closing. Good fucking job. Thats for the bullshit game sale that you had earlier that only employees benefited from, so I have zero sympathy for them losing their jobs either.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechin View Post
If you want a monitor for gaming. A 120hz monitor is probably the best things to have. My bros have it and the difference next to a 60hz monitor is astounding just from normal desktop use. Screen tearing is something you wont have to worry about and you'll be able to leave vertical sync on with up to 120fps! Can't imagine myself going back gaming wise etc... If I were to upgrade my monitor to one with 120hz which I am going to do very soon in fact!
agreed. I'm still using my 60 hz benq tn panel. It's good enough but frustrating to only get 60 fps with v sync on. When v sync is off, the screen tearing is horrible.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote