The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 05-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Serious Sam 3

Quote:
OTT shooter Serious Sam 3: BFE heads to Xbox Live Arcade this Autumn, along with a re-tooled version of indie spin-off Serious Sam: Double D, co-publishers Mastertronic and Devolver Digital have announced.

BFE is the same game that launched on PC last year, with developer Croteam again at the helm. Double D: XXL, however, will include new features, missions, weapons and a co-op mode.

There's no word on a price tag or a firm release date for either game as of yet.

"Xbox Live Arcade gamers are going to get so much insane Serious Sam action this summer it's going to make their televisions bleed," quipped Devolver CEO Fork Parker.

"Call the paramedics, homey. Your flat screen TV just took another headshot from Serious Sam."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arcade-release

Nice! should be getting a retail release aswell in Europe at least if Mastertronic are involved.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Alucard

Watch it sell 20k since its considered old.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Kind of sad it's getting an XBLA release because that means it won't have split-screen, which would be really nice. Still, I love the series and I look forward to playing it on the TV.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Watch it sell 20k since its considered old.
The HD versions of 1 and 2 must have sold alright otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with SS3 they even released that at retail after a while.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Kind of sad it's getting an XBLA release because that means it won't have split-screen, which would be really nice. Still, I love the series and I look forward to playing it on the TV.
Hook your pc up to your tv. Now you dont have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
The HD versions of 1 and 2 must have sold alright otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with SS3 they even released that at retail after a while.
1 and 2 are fairly old games. Any profit from a HD remake is useful. But I never said 3 wouldnt make any profit. Just that its sales will be shit. Plenty of titles can be mentioned that were pc first then xbox later and practically all of them sold poorly. If you want max sales on console it has to be exclusive. And definitely not old. When I say old I mean 4+months give or take.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Minecraft?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Alucard

Actually I could list Witcher 2 as the closest example. One of the best rpgs around, best looking game on the xbox360, and amazing scores everywhere. Yet it sold less in its first month then it did on the pc in its first week because its not an exclusive title and its also 'old'. Its an absolute shame the game was ignored by most. How many xbox360s are out there? Absolute joke.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

What were the sells for Witcher 2 on the XB360? It got No.1 in the chart in the UK when it was released.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Alucard

Probably for a day. And no1 doesnt mean 2million sales. I think the figures are roughly around 100-200k so far. I say roughly because no ones actually sure on the exact amount. It wont rise much either since console games taper off extremely quick when it comes to sales. This game seriously deserved 4-5mill sales. Absolute shame.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #10
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

Why does XBLA mean no splitscreen? I have a few splitscreen XBLA games. DOOM and Minecraft being a couple.