The Fighting Bomber

Good and lengthy article on the Vita's success or lack thereof:

It's not too late to save the Vita
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #692
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Let me guess - ADD STEAM

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #693
Dj Jimmi Zero

I have a Vita and it's definitely fancy but every game I have on the Vita can be played on the PS3. I don't find anything too wrong with this since it's pretty fun to play some Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 on the go, and thankfully there are some games from Japan that have yet to get a western localization.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #694
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Vita had the same problem the 3DS did, a lack of any 'killer apps' or must have games, and it's really slow at getting any sort of hardware. Sony don't carry the same brand name strength that Nintendo do in the handheld market and coupled with the high price, it's no wonder they've been failing.

And it's a shame too, the Vita is such a good piece of hardware. They do say that on the article, everyone likes the Vita, but it's still failing miserably. I like it but even I haven't bought one.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #695
Alucard

Gravity Rush is out this week, getting some decent reviews around. For those thinking about getting it theres some DLC packs beng released but one of them you get for free if you buy it during the first week, which is pretty good incentive.

Quote:
With Gravity Rush launching today in the U.S., I wanted to not only take this opportunity to reflect on my experience creating the game, but look to the future and share that we have a great lineup of DLC on the way. First, I’m pleased to announce that if you purchase Gravity Rush for the first week on PSN for $35.99, you’ll also receive the Military DLC Pack for free (this promotion will run from 6/12 to 6/19).

Pictures and more info on other DLC packs at the link

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-scoop-on-dlc/
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #696
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Vita had the same problem the 3DS did, a lack of any 'killer apps' or must have games, and it's really slow at getting any sort of hardware. Sony don't carry the same brand name strength that Nintendo do in the handheld market and coupled with the high price, it's no wonder they've been failing.

And it's a shame too, the Vita is such a good piece of hardware. They do say that on the article, everyone likes the Vita, but it's still failing miserably. I like it but even I haven't bought one.
Heres the thing: bad marketing.

The device gives nothing unique to your gaming experiences, making them the same game as on the PS3 except in a smaller screen.

The 3DS doesnt have that problem because it always brings something unique if it has 3D. For example, Rayman origins. The 3DS version is the last one to come out and technologicaly the inferior one, but, its the only one that shows you rayman origins in 3D. And it looks very sweet. If i didnt already have the 360 version i'd definitly get it, and i still ponder getting it and selling my 360 one just because its easier for me to play on the portable than to play on the TV now that im living with someone else who likes watching TV.

So, nothing unique from the hardware point of view and a shower of PS3 ports + 3DS at an awesome price and already having a few killer apps and more to come (personally im not a big fan of nintendo games, but luigi's mansion and paper mario look really good. Not to meantion fire emblem awakening), games that you can get only on the 3DS aka not souped down ports of WiiU games.

Vita has Assassins creed liberation that while beeing a good title. is beeing released at the same time assassins creed 3 does. So who is gonna buy both games? I'm sure the priority is gonna go to sins creed 3 wich will hurt sales.
The same thing goes for the CoD games, again just the stepchild of a main console title.

I got me a PSP yesterday and i am completely in love with it, but the Vita is just a really bad step over that. Actually they should've kept the support on the PSP and released a new model with 2 analog sticks, it was an incredibly dumb decision to bring out the Vita.

Ok, im ranting. final line: the Vita seems completely doomed. The console doesnt sell at all in Japan and thats the main source of portable games.
Getting poor man versions of the main console games is really not gonna cut it, especially in Japan where sins creed and coD have no stepping power. Japan only has Persona 4 coming this month i believe, and PSO2... erm sometimes in the future? PSO is hardly a killer app though, but without monster hunter the Vita has nothing.
I believe the system will eventually get a version of Monster hunter 4, but will it be soon enough to save it and for capcom to actually persue the project when the market is only 700k units? Attachment rates for monster hunter are 25%, that means monster hunter vita is looking at sales of 250k if it reaches 1mil... its dire, very dire.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #697
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

That is something I have never understood why do they release the handheld counterparts like Assassin's Creed III Liberation at the sametime as there console counterparts. Companies have always done this and it's strange surely releasing them at different periods of the year would be a better strategy.

Maybe releasing the handheld Assassin's Creed in between the yearly Assassin's Creed console versions to keep people interested and play on the fact people are really looking to the next title and will buy it as a stop gap while there wait.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #698
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

So that people don't feel left out, is generally why the handhelds release at the same time as the console versions. It also lets the handheld usually ride on the hype and marketing of the bigger console release. There's reasons like that for why it happens.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #699
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm not buying one till the buttons are bigger and internal memory. I don't care if they still sell memory cards to expand it, but it needs at least 4 gigs of internal memory, we aren't living in the 90s we dont' need memory cards anymore.
I don't know why they made the smaller buttons and closer together compared to the old PSP. Damn Japanese with their tiny hands.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #700
Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
The device gives nothing unique to your gaming experiences, making them the same game as on the PS3 except in a smaller screen.
this.. there are barely any exclusive games.

just like the psp, it'll need japan 3rd parties to save it.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #701
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Meh despite the complaints I don't regret my purchase of the Vita. Uncharted, Resistance, and Gravity Rush are amazing. Typical 'launch' type games, but still really good.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #702
progmetal
!

^^ This.
And also Lumines & RC Motorstorm.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #703
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
So that people don't feel left out, is generally why the handhelds release at the same time as the console versions. It also lets the handheld usually ride on the hype and marketing of the bigger console release. There's reasons like that for why it happens.
I guess but considering Assassin's Creed Liberation is currently going for more then Assassin's Creed III I don't see many people buying both. The sells always seem to stink aswell going by the charts of course that depends on the expections of course.

Alot of the time they seem to be slapped together as fast as possible without much thought Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines/Driver 3DS for example so I guess the development costs are looow.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote