The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #46
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Oh good, MP shoved in another game to sell DLC map packs.

It always makes the game better!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #47
calintz
thank you based god

awesome!!!!!11!!!!!!
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #48
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
oh goody, another MP that nobody will play.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #49
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I don't mind multiplayer being put into single-player games like AC and Mass Effect; the Assassin's Creed MP is actually really awesome, and the ME3 one has lots of players. I just hope it doesn't ruin the single-player is all, that's always my problem with stuff like this. We shall see!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #50
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It won't ruin it, but it's soo pointless, nobody plays the Multi player to most of those games, they have a small user base. Uncharted 2 MP when it came out was only like 2000 people on it after a while it was out. Dead Space 2 is another example, it only has NOBODY PLAYING IT!

It's just wasted resources that are being made cause executives are like MP games SELLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I was going to buy twisted metal today but I decided not to cause every time there is a game I like for multiplayer, it's user base dies to nothing after a few months.

It's not they are bad the multiplayer, it's just wasted cash and time when nobody plays them. AC multiplayer like you said was pretty fun, not addicting but a good time waster.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #51
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yeah, those are two bad examples, but look at good examples; Assassin Creed's multiplayer has a lot of players on Revelations, and Mass Effect 3 has utterly tonnes of players. So MP portions aren't always skipped over like they're nothing.

I actually loved AC's MP too as I said, it was more of what I wanted in the single-player; being an Assassin! Hunting people down in crowds and taking them down. I liked the story but sometimes I want to relax and murder some fools! God of War might do the same, give you more of what was great about the SP. If you like the gameplay you might want more, and MP is a never-ending supply of it.

But yeah, I'm hoping it won't make the SP any worse. Development teams are big and there's a lot of drift time during development of a game, an MP portion doesn't automatically mean the single-player will suffer because of it.

Last edited by KingOfSentinels; 05-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.
KingOfSentinels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #52
Northeastmonk

Santa Monica studios has been devoted to perfecting the GoW experience. If you sit and watch their videos, they are very consistant. Which makes me believe this could be verry good, but overlooked. Considering GoW is one of the best games for the Ps2/Ps3.

I agree... but then again you have a small group of people who wait 3-4 years to play AC, DS, and etc. Who want to play its multiplayer. If its not like COD or an online only game you're choices are slim. But honestly; if they took out Titan challenges I'll be mad bc paying for DLC maps is not worth it.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #53
spider-prime

My main complaint for majority of games is they never let people set up rooms and just find people the old fashion way. Like looking for servers in counter-strike so you can clearly see who is playing and whatever.

I'm getting sick of this matchmaking shit, it's what causes a lot of games with multiplayer to suck! if there are only 300 people playing, half the time it will just make you wait forever!
I don't mind if there is a option for quick match as some people like it, but I like being able to see what map is being played who is in it and just joining and not having to wait 30 mins for them to find a full game... then someone leaves.... ANOTHER 30 MINS!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #54
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
My main complaint for majority of games is they never let people set up rooms and just find people the old fashion way. Like looking for servers in counter-strike so you can clearly see who is playing and whatever.

I'm getting sick of this matchmaking shit, it's what causes a lot of games with multiplayer to suck! if there are only 300 people playing, half the time it will just make you wait forever!
I don't mind if there is a option for quick match as some people like it, but I like being able to see what map is being played who is in it and just joining and not having to wait 30 mins for them to find a full game... then someone leaves.... ANOTHER 30 MINS!
Cannot be truer. Disability to create room is sure destroy Multiplayer fun.

But seriously : I failed to see the importance to put Multiplayer in God Of War game beside the plan to sell regular map pack via DLC.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote