The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Alucard

New Red Dward series being filmed!

Oh man so happy this is happening. And both original writers are back so it'll be 10 times better then the previous average movie and average final series. Its a long article too but I'll put up a couple of the choice parts.

Quote:
This is also reflected in the costumes, which again put a new spin on the characters instead of slavishly attempting to remain faithful to the past. It’s easiest to do this with The Cat, of course, and Howard Burden has not let us down on that count; a brand new suit, obviously, and even a new hairdo - long, but with a peak at the front, reminiscent of his ever-changing locks in Series III. Rimmer’s new costume is incredible - a blue, hard light version of his III-V togs, which just seems right. Lister’s in leathers, but different ones to the ‘classic’ version. While it’s not quite the same, it took precisely three seconds to get used to, feeling exactly like the sort of thing Lister would wear.

Kryten, on the other hand, looks… a little off. The costume has been slightly altered around the shoulders, which is fine, but the mask is not quite right. It seems a little too loose around Robert’s head, and consequently it flexes and folds in a way it’s never done before. This is a particular problem around the mouth, where it looks unfortunately like Kryten has a cleft palate. In terms of colour and tone, it looked better on the studio monitors than it did in real life, but even after looking at it for four hours or so, I couldn’t quite come to terms with the shape.

Quote:
Before the recording started, Doug Naylor popped up to welcome the audience and reiterate the spoilers policy. Very interestingly, he said that the reason it was so important was that he had a real fight to persuade Dave to agree to an audience, and that if plots are posted online before broadcast, that could prevent them from having an audience on the next series. On the next series. ON THE NEXT SERIES. As indicated by the new aesthetics, Doug clearly intends Series X to be the start of a new run, rather than one last hurrah. Depending on cast availability, there’s no reason that Red Dwarf can’t run and run.
Quote:
Writing-wise, it’s good. It’s very good. It feels like V mixed with VI, with a chunk of II, which is obviously a very good thing.

Read the rest as there are some good bits there. Cant wait. I need my Red Dwarf!! They also seem to have finished filming all 6 episodes too going by other updates on that site. Love it.

http://www.ganymede.tv/indepth/red-d...e-1-set-report
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I was never a big fan of Red Dwarf. I watched it a couple of times but mehhh, didn't laugh all that much. I'll give this new series a look whenever it's on though. I'd prefer Blackadder to start up again.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Alucard

You have no soul
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Red Dwarf is legendary.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Red Dwarf was excellent until Chris Barrie left then it went in a downward spiral and never really recovered the newest TV episodes were pretty bad aswell.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Red Dward?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
javi

I kind of wanted to watch Red Dwarf. Is it on Hulu?
Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
I was never a big fan of Red Dwarf. I watched it a couple of times but mehhh, didn't laugh all that much..
werido
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Red Dwarf was excellent until Chris Barrie left then it went in a downward spiral and never really recovered the newest TV episodes were pretty bad aswell.
The show went to hell after Grant left, which resulted in everything you mentioned. He's back now so it should reel in the other idiot some.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The only episode I remember is when they're on board some kind of prison ship and getting hunted by some criminal, but the prison ship has some sort of power that everything bad you do to someone else just happens to you instead. And then vague memories of an episode where they meet this thing which has their faces.

Just never really got into it. The odd joke sure but the bulk of it never really tickled me.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
darren
... lol

you need to watch it from the start
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
Alucard

Yeah, the start usually helps. That sounds like an episode from season 8 which was snore season.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

I inherited season 1- 6-7 from my aunt, watched them repeatedly as a kid.

cant wait for this so I will kill myself and wakeup dead when it arrives.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
you need to watch it from the start
Agreed. I still think the first two series are the best.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I thought four was the strongest season. White hole in particular comes to mind. But I loved them all, even the later seasons.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote