The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Anybody excited for this game? I loved the first GRAW to death, but the second didn't hook me as much. Future Soldier looks fun from what I've seen so far.

Also, here's am article I wrote today:

Future Soldier's Gunsmith feature so addictive it gets its own trailer
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Future Soldier is looking to be really awesome, I'm excited for it and it's about time it gears up for a release. Gameplay is shaping up great and it'll be interesting what the story is going to be like. I liked old Ghost Recon games too, I've always kicked myself for not buying them all when they went on sale on Steam ages ago to re-live them. Holding out hope they'll come on sale again when this releases.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Advanced Warfighter was alot of fun and I'm interested in Future Soldier but from the one trailer I saw it's looking less tactical and more run and gun.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Okay so I've played it for an hour or so. Thoughts.

I really really enjoyed it, even with a controller I had to use. It's definitely more Battlefield than Call of Duty, with being able to spawn on squadmates and teamwork really being a necessity to do well; the gameplay actually feels quite fresh too for a shooter. The over-the-shoulder camera angle and cover systems feel great. The gameplay is quite sluggish but I actually like that, a slower-paced third-person shooter in a world of fast paced FPS really shines. It gives you more breathing room, and makes the cover system more useful when on the approach to enemies since diving from cover to cover is very quick. Select the next bit of cover and your guy will vault over what he's hiding behind, or around, and quickly take up cover there, very akin to Splinter Cell: Conviction if you've played that. Makes firefights very fast when people are moving around and flanking.

Gameplay quirks are fun. You get 'Detected' when there's enemies looking and shooting at you, so it's quite a hectic moment when you get that pop-up and quickly dive for cover and try and find where they are. Means there's more gun fights rather than just getting shot in the back constantly, and there's a kill-cam showing you what went wrong.

No problems so far that I can't attest to it simply being a Beta, constantly getting dropped from games and taking ages to find one for example; it needs some polishing and there's a few glitches but hell, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, definitely be picking it up.