Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #31
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Spider you never answered my question.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I thought I did.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
I'll pass.
It's not bad actually. There is a colored reticle for each player. Most of the time you're swaying it back and forth. Plus, it handles more like a fps with bosses.

There are difficulty settings as well as chapter select. Its worth the price imo.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
Joe Redifer
Olé!

No you said you didn't play it yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
and I haven't still I play my games from when I got them and finish them........ very behind on them.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #36
spider-prime

ok joe I played and beat it, it is still in 4:3 aspect so no stupid stretched or added sides to the game.

The HD conversion looks great, but the opening cutscene is really low quality. But that doesn't matter. But the game hated me when I moved the move controller away from the screen.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #37
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I think I'll skip HotD 3 unless I see it for $2 or something. The Xbox version is fine and most likely identical, just lacking Move™ support. HotD 4 is pretty cool, though. It does make my wrist hurt due to the required waggle reloading. I wish there was an option to "shoot outside the screen" to reload because waggle just takes too long and too much effort. Also, the game takes up ton of space on the disk because of the stupid included video you unlock. Make that shit on Youtube, yo.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #38
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
I think I'll skip HotD 3 unless I see it for $2 or something. The Xbox version is fine and most likely identical, just lacking Move™ support.
And it's got shotgun lightguns. I've got 2 of 'em, only work on 50hz TV though

I'm loving HOTD4,it's been a while since I've played videogames this much
Old 04-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
I think I'll skip HotD 3 unless I see it for $2 or something. The Xbox version is fine and most likely identical, just lacking Move™ support. HotD 4 is pretty cool, though. It does make my wrist hurt due to the required waggle reloading. I wish there was an option to "shoot outside the screen" to reload because waggle just takes too long and too much effort. Also, the game takes up ton of space on the disk because of the stupid included video you unlock. Make that shit on Youtube, yo.

to reload in HOTD3 you just have to press X button on the move controller. Might be the same for HOTD4.

But I miss the old style light gun games, these are close to it, but I miss the actual aiming and not just pointing a crosshair on the screen.

This is why I still have 2 old CRT TVs, I'm never throwing those out! *goes to play Metal Combat on the SNES* OHH YAH SUPER SCOPEEEEEEE!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #40
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
But I miss the old style light gun games, these are close to it, but I miss the actual aiming and not just pointing a crosshair on the screen.

This is why I still have 2 old CRT TVs, I'm never throwing those out! *goes to play Metal Combat on the SNES* OHH YAH SUPER SCOPEEEEEEE!
The problem with those is the games had to flash the screen white in order to detect the gun's location. That really got on my nerves, though I still enjoyed the games well enough.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #41
spider-prime

I never really noticed it except in games like duck hunt.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #42
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Oh yeah superscope. Now that was a piece of shit. The last lightgun game I played was probably Virtua cop during a period in time when there was a place called ''arcades''.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #43
spider-prime

no way! Super Scope 6 was awesome! The Metal Combat games were probably some of my most played games!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #44
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The SuperScope and the Menacer did NOT flash the screen white. The Zapper and Light Phaser (as well as the Saturn Stunner and DC light gun games) did, though. The Light Phaser only needed a single white frame lasting 1/60th of a second. The Zapper needed to flash white and then black to show the targets.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #45
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
HOTD4 should be played without crosshair, games with crosshair in the arcades are Turret Shooters, different kind of beast, and don't feature any form of reload system (sometimes they feature a heat meter). Let's Go Jungle series, Deadstorm Pirates, LA Machineguns are newer examples of it. I generally have a lower appreciation for this sub genre.

What I appreciate about HOTD4 is that it tries to differ a lot from the previous HOTD4 games. It's kind of a bullethell version, with larger groups of enemies on screen (not as much as turret shooters but still), even got a panic bomb. Gameplay asks for quicker methods of dealing with the Zombies, which adds more emphasis on quick headshots but you still have to exploit dead 'uns for points. And the shake reload, the Move doesn't have the weight of the Uzi and the *click* when reloading, but I still think it's essential to recreate. I felt HOTDIII is missing out a lot without the shotgun since the reload completely changes the pace of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroopwafel View Post
The last lightgun game I played was probably Virtua cop during a period in time when there was a place called ''arcades''.
Just support the ones that are still alive... Must say I've been doing it less since I've got my own setup. But I occasionally make the trip to Scheveningen for Funland or to the ones in Antwerpen to play the lightgun games. There used to be a decent setup in Enschede @ Go Planet Enschede, but haven't visited it since they replaced most lightgun games, I think they still got a lot of Neo Geo and CPS2 games.

I was on the fence on buying my own Virtua Cop 3 Cab (the cheaper one, not the deluxe one), but this release gives me a little hope that SEGA will port it as well to PSN. So anyone with slight interest in the genre support this. And SEGA will bring more their lightgun catalogue to the consoles (I don't have much hope for SEGA Golden Gun which a Chinese division developed game but Operation G.H.O.S.T. as a sequel to Ghost Squad also has a good chance) .