The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #61
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Looking forward to this game but can't say I mind it being delayed to early next year. Gives me some time in the RPG department to finish Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout NV edition with all the DLC releases, Mass Effect 3 next month and a host of PS2 RPG's I still have lying around :p
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #62
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #63
Northeastmonk

I saw Ninokuni get beaten on a live stream. It looks very good, the battle system relies on these creatures you summon and form together. A lot like Pokemon fussion. Then your character has his fare share of attacks that costs MP. All the characters are playable and the story from how much I watched is very long.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 08-16-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #64
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Again, this game looks like it doesn't suck.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #65
calintz
thank you based god

calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #66
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Nice!

Quote:
Wizard role-player Ni No Kuni has snatched the top spot in the UK all-format charts, unseating last week's number one Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Last week's only other new entry, Hitman: HD Trilogy, entered fifth.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a PlayStation 3-exclusive collaboration between Japanese animation god Studio Ghibli and Professor Layton developer Level-5.

It's also absolutely flippin' fantastic. Eurogamer's Oli Welsh awarded it a sparkling 9/10 in our Ni No Kuni review.

"We are thrilled at the weekend sales of Ni no Kuni in the UK," Namco's UK PR and marketing director Lee Kirton told Eurogamer.

"We knew we had a very special title from Level 5 and must confess to the UK team being relentless in terms of communication, demonstrations, events, and strong work with the media. This has paid off with a strong belief from the incredible community and media. Starting early gave us the opportunity to showcase the title at many high profile events, including the Eurogamer Expo."

Ni No Kuni sold out in many UK shops over the weekend - but more stock is on the way.

"We have more stock going into the channel this week so check with local stores to receive your copy," Kirton continued. "We hope the word of mouth and demand for the title continues as it does prove that JRPGs are special and we invest a lot of time and effort within this genre."
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #67
bujeezus

for whatever reason i had put this on the back burner. this past weekend i fired it up to show my daughter who was visiting and is a big ghibli fan and got sucked right back in to it. almost (almost) turned down sex for it last nite. lol!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #68
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I still need to play my copy of it. SOoo many games to play, I started playing dark souls again for PVP. I've won 20 fights so far! YAHHH! I trick people into fighting me into the swamps in blight town, only ONE guy had the smart idea to run toward the big pig men with the boulders when I was the one being invaded lol That really fucked me up
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #69
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Now I know what to do!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #70
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Damn! I'm finding this game so slow, painfully at times. It also makes you run around in circles far to much even by RPG standards.

A perfect example would be when you reach the first town in the fantasy world you need to get a audience with the king. First you need to get a new set of clothes (fair enough) then after that you approach the guards.

Nope the king isn't seeing anyone his favorite Red Herring has gone missing and needs to be found. (OK... we'll do that)

Finally meet the king, nope he can't help me he has no enthusiasm () so I need to go and steal someone elses and then give it to the king....

Done, nope now the king has gone missing himself () and even though it's compeltely obvious where he has gone. You can't go there. First you need to go back to your world. To do another little thing and invesigate the earth cat. Just to find out it likes to chase mice. ()

Then you can go and recue the king who's got into a fight with a giant rodent rat. Finally getting your audience. Really it is stretched out way way to much.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 AM   #71
Paper exe
Pwnd

esca is taking ages to beat a game! n0ooooob!
Quite complain and start beating or else you'll lose your touch.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #72
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe View Post
esca is taking ages to beat a game! n0ooooob!
Quite complain and start beating or else you'll lose your touch.
Well I am playing Dark Souls at the same time.

But yeah Ni No Kuni really isn't that great. The presentation is fantastic but the gameplay is really bogged down with stuff just to draw it out it gets frustating. I played it for about 8hrs and it feels like I've done F all.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 AM   #73
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Damn! I'm finding this game so slow, painfully at times. It also makes you run around in circles far to much even by RPG standards.

A perfect example would be when you reach the first town in the fantasy world you need to get a audience with the king. First you need to get a new set of clothes (fair enough) then after that you approach the guards.

Nope the king isn't seeing anyone his favorite Red Herring has gone missing and needs to be found. (OK... we'll do that)

Finally meet the king, nope he can't help me he has no enthusiasm () so I need to go and steal someone elses and then give it to the king....

Done, nope now the king has gone missing himself () and even though it's compeltely obvious where he has gone. You can't go there. First you need to go back to your world. To do another little thing and invesigate the earth cat. Just to find out it likes to chase mice. ()

Then you can go and recue the king who's got into a fight with a giant rodent rat. Finally getting your audience. Really it is stretched out way way to much.
I wanted to buy this game but after read this ? I don't know ....
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #74
Dj Jimmi Zero

I bought it off PSN last year, fetch quests, other tedious things found in an RPG, complete with ludonarrative dissonance to boot. With the exception of Demons Souls, and Vakryia Chronicles, I can't say that there are that many RPG's that try not to do the same annoying shit that Esca speaks of, even Mass Effect ain't exempt from the bullshit featured in 90% of the RPG's out there.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #75
Paper exe
Pwnd

ha8rs gonna ha8
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote