Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
darren
... lol

The Walking Dead Screenshots

i love the series, love the comics .. i sooooooooooooo want this to be good

http://www.hit-reset.co.uk/screensho...d-screenshots/

Quote:
Telltale Games have been nice enough to send over a few screenshots for their upcoming “The Walking Dead” game. The game is of course based on the incredibly successful AMC produced television show, which is itself based on the incredibly successful comic book series penned by Robert Kirkman. Zombies have overrun the world while small pockets of humanity try to survive and retain at least a semblance of their humanity. One note, is that Glenn in the second pic?
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I think it'll be good, but it won't be what people will be expecting; they'll be expecting a general action-packed zombie killing game. Telltale wouldn't have been my first choice of developer to work on a game like this, but I'm sure they'll do the story justice and that's the important thing I guess, and they've definitely made a beautiful looking game. Love those graphics. Hopefully the gameplay will match up.

Walking Dead has been one of my favourite new series on TV for a while now. That and Celebrity Juice.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I don't know man, the books, even the television series isn't about zombie slaying. What I am concerned about are the character narratives, that is what makes the series so good tbh.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
bujeezus

i don't see this game being any where near as good as the show. the series isn't really a game oriented deal. the kiddos now a days won't have a the attention span for a "good" walkin dead game.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
Alucard

Telltale are excellent. I'm slightly interested in the game. The tv show however I have blacklisted for being complete shit.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
darren
... lol

the walking dead tv show is shit, the sims a perfect 10???????????? your opinion of stuff officially means nothing.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 03-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I have'nt played it yet but telltale's Jurassic Park game is meant to suck badly.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
the walking dead tv show is shit, the sims a perfect 10???????????? your opinion of stuff officially means nothing.
The first season was pathetic. It started ok an then just went stupid. The fans of the comic even raged so much that they replaced the writers. Its also gone completely off canon from the comics and I still see people raging. You're either a die hard hard die die fan to enjoy it or you enjoy anything with zombies in it.

Sims yes. Its got the most complexity in many games today. You can do so much with your characters, create so much ingame as well as with mods that you can put on the online store for people to download and use etc. For the amount of intricate shit in this game there are hardly ANY bugs. Considering the depth and scale and the stability, I'd say a 10 is more then enough. Look at bethesda and their claim to complex games being hard to code for to excuse their bugs. Skyrim < Sims in complexity. By about 300 fold. And its still fautless. You dont need to enjoy the series but you cant say it doesnt dwarf other games in complexity.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
darren
... lol

hmmmm who opinion to trust regarding the walking dead .. yours .... OR my very good friend and author of "Blood Splatter: A Guide to Cinematic Zombie Violence, Gore and Special Effects ".... hmmmmm let me think .......

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Splatter...1210519&sr=1-1

btw .. awesome book.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Shorty0061
Shorty the Butt.

The first season was fine til they got to the CDC, then it got ridiculous. havent seen season 2, but I've heard its average at best. AMC needs to pump out more breaking bad and madmen. Once those two shows wrap, I can be done with that channel.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
darren
... lol

breaking bad was ace.

I see the Govener has been cast for season 3 of the walking dead, just need rick to lose his hand, start talking into a phone and ill be happy
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Walking Dead is still a cool show but the longer the cast moved in with the old dude the more the show gets stuck in a rut. The show is really at a point now where it is just predictable, disillusioned people bitching at eachother on a farm. The story would benefit if they just go their separate ways and explore. Or better yet, kill most of them off by the zombies and replace them with new characters. Or at the very least end their 'storylines'(most of them are so pathetic I really don't see how they can be developed any further).

Also I wouldn't really call zombies the focus of the show given how much they serve as mere threatening context for the character drama. Espescially season 2 is overindulging in that imo. There is only so much despair, frustration and self-pity per hour that I can take. The season started really good but failed to pick up.

Also the game looks meh. Probably just another failed attempt at capitilizing on a TV show's popularity.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
darren
... lol

they are moving on from the farm this season, hence the govener being cast for season 3, and Michonne is going to be cast for season 3

also there is a lot of the story arc direct from the comics which they will not drop .. yeah there is new stuff they could drop but they are following the comic arc largely with tweeks for tv.

Quote:
I wouldn't really call zombies the focus of the show given how much they serve as mere threatening context for the character drama
this is true for the comics as well

Quote:
"There is only so much despair, frustration and self-pity per hour that I can take"
again just like the comics, which are much much darker and tbh i wished they would take it as dark as the comics but they never will on tv tbh. There is no way in hell Michonne will be raped and beaten on tv like she is in the comics by the govener in season 3
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

How many people here have actually read all of the Walking Dead comics?

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
darren
... lol

Me