The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #16
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Real reason is they needed more money towards Kojima for his next MGS game. In fact they're cancelling all their games and just going MGS.
A solid investment! Imagine all the Hind Ds they could buy!1!

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Actually I'd probably say Resistance 3 was the better fps out of the entire list.
I would agree upto around 2/3 when you reach NY. If that even is a spoiler :p Initially the game had a lot of atmosphere with a thick aura of desperation but later on I felt like playing rehashed levels of R1 or 2. Espescially those god awful fight off waves of enemy attacks missions. Which despite the game having awesome weapons never becomes quite as intense or cool as FEAR.

I only play FPS games in short bursts and I don't know but the shoot-outs in FEAR are just immediately satisfying and imo among, if not the best in the genre.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I have this terrible image of Kojima straight up in shackles at Konami. Like they make stay in a cell and feed him bread and water. Jesus what else can he do with mgs?

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroopwafel View Post
I only play FPS games in short bursts and I don't know but the shoot-outs in FEAR are just immediately satisfying and imo among, if not the best in the genre.
For sure, even though I only completed the first one, the gameplay was excellent. The story just got rehashed in 2 which is why I ignored it and I havent really touched fear3 since everyone says its gone generic. I might give it a shot at some stage, despite having seen friends playing it, but fps was never my fave genre. Back in the day there were so many good fps games though unlike today.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Suddenly, I'm not so upset about this.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/15...canned-reboot/

Day 1 Studios, the developer of F.3.A.R., was working on Silent Scope until December 2011 when Konami pulled the plug on the title. The title wasn’t officially revealed, but thanks to a tipster we have some information and concept art from the now canceled Silent Scope reboot.

Silent Scope – the 201X version – was not a sniper style arcade game. It was designed as a stealth based third person shooter with machine guns. Day 1 Studios was making the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote