The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
No see, I dont want my story to be 1 line of text every 10 hours of gameplay, needing to fight an enemy a million times to figure out how to defeat it so I can move on and do it all again. Majority of what you describe there can be used with an MMO. And I get tired of those after a while. Dark Souls is simply non stop combat with little else. Its really not for me.
Well yeah 10 hours of dying and you will find some weirdo staring at the sun wishing he was so 'gloriously incandescant' :p

When Demons Souls was first released I was very surprised how different it was than I imagined it to be. Mostly because on the surface it looked like very typical western style swords&sorcery type of stuff, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

If you don't like the game you don't like it but I always think its a shame people write something off without actually having played it. Espescially Demons Souls which can be found dirt cheap.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Ever since Halo came out, no game will ever be good enough for you huh Alucard? Nothing is going to beat that masterpiece.

Last edited by KingOfSentinels; 01-09-2012 at 02:09 PM.
KingOfSentinels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Alucard

Fuck oath
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Some good stuff on this. The petition has gotten over 50,000 signatures now. Throw the game onto Steam and I'm sure they'd make a tidy little profit from it. I'm guessing the game wouldn't be too mod-friendly though? At best we'll be getting a good port, I doubt they'll do anything but change the controls a bit and up the res and textures.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Well that's more of the reason why Steam is superior to what is out now as far as digital distribution.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Alucard

They should make Dark Souls but with Master Chief as the playable character. Then it would be the greatest game known to man. And woman, if woman was smart enough to understand.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiuju2k View Post
Well that's more of the reason why Steam is superior to what is out now as far as digital distribution.
it's still a good argument for bringing dark souls to steam/pc. the reason fromsoft hasn't brought it over yet is they believe it won't sell well/not enough demand on the platform.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #23
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
Internet petitions are normally as effective in bringing about a desired result as closing your eyes and wishing really hard, but with more than 66.000 signatures accrued in just one week the petition for Namco Bandai to release uber-challenging dungeon crawler Dark Souls on PC seems to have gotten the company's attention.

Launched last week when a Namco representative on the company's forums suggested that strong enough demand could get the job done, the PC Dark Souls petition has been met with overwhelming response, or at least overwhelming enough for the forum admin to get a visit from his higher-ups.

Admin Shoupinou expressed amazement in a follow-up forum post.

Quote:
Damn you are amazing!

I honestly wasn't expecting such a massive support. My boss(es) even came to talk to me about this, after it explodes all around the world. If you wanted to have the attention of Namco Bandai Games, now you have it.
The future is in your hands, and I hope you will keep supporting this.

I make a personal objective to make sure every relevant people in Namco Bandai Games is in touch with this formidable effort.
If you've not signed the petition yet, go hit it right now. I'd love to play Dark Souls on PC, plus the flood of ridiculous internet petitions that ensues once one is actually successful is always amusing.
Looks good so far! Big respect if they actually do bring it over, and I'll definitely be buying it day 1 if so.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
Alucard

What I dont get is how they actually are surprised at PC gamers interested in a D&D style setting game Idiots.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
if the game fixes the slow down in parts I will buy it!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Quote:
What I dont get is how they actually are surprised at PC gamers interested in a D&D style setting game Idiots.
QFT

Steam is the perfect platform for releasing this game. I would go straight digital at least they can save on some kind of cost. Also what was explained was steam sales are at best, random never calculated. Sales of obscure games from past decades are selling in droves. I say sell DS and DKS for 39.99. Boom. With steams aggressive sales model, it will be well worth the investment.

Zechin
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

hahaha

Anyway if they can fix the blighttown slowdown omg that will make me so happy. I would love to go through DS again just to get a better refined version of the game. Plus with the modding community sy is the fucking limit.

Zechin