The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
Alucard

Runaway: A Road Adventure

Imagine my surprise at seeing this. An old style classic adventure in the footsteps of games like Full Throttle, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max! Hopefully it turns out to be good. Though we should know by August hopefully when its supposed release date hits!

Quote:
New York, 2000. Without knowing how or why, Brian, a student on the verge of graduating from college, is attacked by Mafia gangsters.

During his desperate getaway, in the company of a mysterious striptease dancer, he ends up meeting a wide range of unusual characters. But which ones are trying to help him and which ones are planning to blow his head off?

You will have to be very ingenious to figure it out, without forgetting that nobody is who they seem in this explosive mixture of murder, money, ambition, santer?a rituals and deception...a whole lot of deception.
http://www.pcgameworld.com/screenthu...oad_Adventure/

Check out some of those screens. Lush!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
Nindalf

Wow, any game in this genre is welcomed! And it looks really interesting, i might buy it.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:35 AM   #3
Seska

Wow, this is an old Spanish game. It was released here about 2-3 years ago, I don't exactly remeber, I have it lying around somewhere. The animation is very nice, the characters are sorta cell-shaded, which back then was a big thing. Its not really at all like Full Throttle, except that its a road trip, otherwise its a classic Lucasarts style Adventure game - that is, combining all sorts of items to solve freaky puzzles. Good solid fun.

Nowadays you can buy it for about 10 bucks in the bargain bin. :D