The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
After quite a bit of dismay at this announcement, GSC took to Twitter to clarify their earlier comments saying that a permanent Internet connection DRM scheme was "a possibility" of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and not confirmed as being part of the game. In a statement given to Rock Paper Shotgun, GSC said "...there is no firm decision to go for DRM with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 as of now."

Now that doesn't mean that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 won't require a permanent connection to play it, GSC just hasn't made its minds up about what, or even if, it's going to have some sort of DRM put in place. It would be nice if GSC had faith in the game and PC gamers in general and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will feature, hopefully, at least some kind of non-invasive DRM. That being said, I know a lot of you will not be happy if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 has any DRM.

Maybe they won't put it in after seeing such backlash. Or middle finger us all and put it in anyway.
Currently Playing
'Too lazy to keep updating'
KingOfSentinels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #17
Drunken Savior
People don't like DRM in general, the very essence of DRM makes it nearly impossible for you to backup your games, in general, without breaking the DRM, which is illegal. However, with game development costs, publishers are increasingly finding ways to create or protect their revenue. They just need to find a way to do so that is less invasive than a permanent internet connection. Don't make DRM an obstacle for those who generate your revenue.

I bet they were planning on doing this kind of DRM, they just wanted to test the waters to see if they could get away with it...

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #18
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
DRMs don't help companies, they actually deter people from buying the product.

Rifftrax used to have DRMs in all their videos, they took a chance and got rid of it and they're still selling tons all the time. I'm actually buying their short videos more now cause they got rid of it and letting me make my own personal DVDs.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
I'd love to see the sales comparisons between stalker 1 and 2 after this shit comes out. I know crysis 2 sold shitloads less on pc then crysis 1 did. PC gamers dont like being treated like 10 year olds. Screw them over with 1 game or thing you said, and you might as well just go sell games on the console only. Shotgun saying stalker 2 sells only 100k when it comes out with this type of DRM. At BEST.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
Sin and Punishment
I remember when Spore did this and people fought back by pirating it on purpose.
Outpostnine is that 1%.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
PC gamers dont take shit lololol
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote