The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
calintz
thank you based god

Monster Hunter 4

for a console that has not met expectations when compared to the DS and PSP, the 3DS has still scored 2 Monster Hunter games

concept trailer:

calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Alucard

Most cowardly knight I've ever seen. Who else got an Arthur vibe from the way he moved?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
thesoftware6180
The forsaken

Yeah he did look cowardly. With that said the game looks amazing. Question is, is the game exclusive? I think we can all stop with the doom and gloom of the 3ds..the system will sell like hot cakes once these games are realeased.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I really hope this comes to consoles too. But it's great news for the 3DS, for sure.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
calintz
thank you based god

definitely going to the PSV imo - but MH 4G or something - Capcom would be stupid to forget about the PSP crowd

but dunno about consoles - they never did sell well on consoles (compared to the PSP versions)
Old 09-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Seraph
>:3

New stuff I noticed:
  • You can jump now which looks pretty cool. One of the things I've always loved about MH is the sense of weight your character has so it should be fun.
  • Climbing is much faster and there seems to be a big emphasis on scaling walls and even fighting on walls
  • You can jump on monsters now which is awesome
  • The environments have never been as interactive as in that trailer. Tigrex knocking out stone platforms, the entire rock plate your standing on shifting, looks cool if it's a gameplay element now.
I'd love a big handful of new monsters like we got with Tri, and some new weapon types as well.

If this is 3DS only I will buy it for sure. If there is a Vita version with better visuals I will buy that instead.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
calintz
thank you based god

its a concept trailer, and the game has no date, so i reckon alot will change from that video

but if they get everything in that trailer into the game... drool
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Naoko Suki
Steak!

I don't think he's cowardly. He's only wearing Iron Armor. I'm thinking he's smart, or really sucky!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Alucard

I dont know if you'll be able to jump onto creatures and climb up cliffs. Pretty sure that was done just for the clip. Besides, the way he moves and prances around, that breaks away any feeling of weight. Armour like that, you cant do the shit he does.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
calintz
thank you based god

Quote:
I will admit that getting Monster Hunter 4 is a good deal for the Nintendo 3DS. That series is more popular in Japan than pictures of twelve-year-old girls with humongous breasts. What about Sony, though? Will the PlayStation Vita be in line for some Monster Hunter action? Sony doesn't know.

"I don't know. You will have to ask Capcom," said SCEJ president Hiroshi Kawano, his abruptness sounding just a little bit bitchy.

Worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida was a little less curt, expressing the notion that a dual-platform release was quite possible since "Most large game publishers operate on a multiplatform basis."
http://www.destructoid.com/no-monste...y-211506.phtml
Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #11
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Maybe Capcom picked the 3DS because there less competition at the moment the PsVita is already getting Lords Of Apocalypse and God Eater 2 both are close to Monster Hunter type games. Then again Capcom make some weird decisions over the years (see. Dreamcast/Gamecube surport) for example.

I think there will be a Monster Hunter of the Vita at some point even if it's not MH4 then again Capcom loves porting aswell.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 09-16-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #12
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

It's more likely that Nintendo drove a dumb truck filled with money to Capcom headquarters and emptied it on the doorstep. The 3DS faltering wouldn't really inspire Capcom to move a major franchise release to it, but money talks.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

yeah but it's pretty obvious the 3DS will pick up in time and infact already has in Japan.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #14
thesoftware6180
The forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
yeah but it's pretty obvious the 3DS will pick up in time and infact already has in Japan.
I think a lot of people are missing that, since the price drop it has been doing really well. It will only do better during the holiday season. Sony need to be a little worried because, even tho new hardware always makes a splash, Nintendo has tons of big name games coming this holiday season. Monster hunter 3G and Mario are garunteed to steal a decent amout of Vita sales.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
Nem
Smash bro!

Found this old article.

Seems like there are good chances the 2 announced MH titles make it to the west.

Quote:
In situations such as this, Japanese publishers — Capcom included — usually like to play coy. But not this time, perhaps. Responding to the 3G and 4 localization request thread, Capcom’s Christian Svensson says: “Noted guys. Stay tuned.”
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18...localizations/