The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
how to get videos/music off of ipod touch without itunes?

since I just hooked up windows 7, I already know that itunes only likes transferring purchases and not stuff you put on yourself and will delete those. But I know there is a way to get into the ipod's drive itself on xp, but for the life of me! I can't figure it out on Windows 7! I'm tired from fixing my stupid external drive that only need a stupid extension cord to make it work on win 7..... WHICH MAKES NO SENSE!

So if someone has a solution, tell me please, I'm going to get some sleep now and I will find out tomorrow. TELL ME NOWWWWWWWWWW!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
Zack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taikvenD2g ?
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
Alucard

It doesnt delete. You get 2 options when you connect your iphone/whatever to itunes. Back up everything, or say no and it deletes. Just let it back stuff up onto your drive and you're fine. Itunes doesnt delete if you dont choose the delete option.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
since I just hooked up windows 7, I already know that itunes only likes transferring purchases and not stuff you put on yourself and will delete those. But I know there is a way to get into the ipod's drive itself on xp, but for the life of me! I can't figure it out on Windows 7! I'm tired from fixing my stupid external drive that only need a stupid extension cord to make it work on win 7..... WHICH MAKES NO SENSE!

So if someone has a solution, tell me please, I'm going to get some sleep now and I will find out tomorrow. TELL ME NOWWWWWWWWWW!
iTunes transfer stuff more than just purchases. I have 10000s of tunes on my iPods/pads none of which I have paid for. Just import to iTunes. It never deletes any of them
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
It doesnt delete. You get 2 options when you connect your iphone/whatever to itunes. Back up everything, or say no and it deletes. Just let it back stuff up onto your drive and you're fine. Itunes doesnt delete if you dont choose the delete option.
I got no such options! Only just transfer purchases and that it said Fuck you for any free things on the ipod, they must delete!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
darren
... lol

Fuck knows what version of iTunes you have but that doesn't happen to any version I have on mac or windows
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 09-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Alucard

Yeah, are you using like Itunes 7.0 or something? Cause defo 10 does not do that. I've plugged in my jailed iphone with no problem.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
darren
... lol

tbh itunes has never done that to me
Old 09-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

You sure you didn't pick the option once and then select a 'Do this automatically' kind of box? Since looking around the settings might be able to fix it.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
spider-prime

I don't know what version of itunes you guys use but everyone else's does the same.

Quote:
iTunes supports copying music to an iPod; however, only music and videos purchased from the iTunes store can be transferred from the iPod back to iTunes.
And this is the current version. No import from ipod to itunes anywhere. Are you guys sure you don't get different options cause you're using iphones?... probably jailbreaked.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #11
Joe Redifer
Olé!

God damn, I am haven't read this entire thread, but instead I come here with the solution.

There is a free app called iPhone Explorer for both Mac and PC. You can move shit off of the iPod to the desktop or wherever. MP3s have weird names, though, so you can use that MP3 tag program. It will also copy videos, pictures and whatnot off of the iPod as well, just like you were copying it off of a USB drive.

There is also another app by the same people called Pod to Mac which allows similar transfers but without digging through the iPod file structure as if it were mounted like a USB stick. Not sure if there is a Pod-to-Windows or Pod-to-PC.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #12
spider-prime

Joe is awesome! ALL HAIL JOE!

I'm not worried about mp3s on it, just a bitch putting them back on, but some of the videos I needed to get off of it. Thanks joe!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #13
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I don't know what version of itunes you guys use but everyone else's does the same.

And this is the current version. No import from ipod to itunes anywhere. Are you guys sure you don't get different options cause you're using iphones?... probably jailbreaked.
I use an iPad and itouch . Neither are jail broken
Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #14
spider-prime

well then instead of telling there is a option tell me where it is so I know for next time!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
darren
... lol

i've no idea about an option .. it jsut doesnt do what it does to you .. i've not touched any of the setting since i installed it apart from saying no to auto sync