The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Easy to use video editing software

I need an app that can combine different video files and easily remove portions of said files. It needs to be free or easy to obtain for free. Most importantly, I have to be able to figure it out really quickly, so no Adobe Premiere nonsense that requires a month of my life to get my head around.

Suggestions please?
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
Alucard

I've screwed with plenty but found Power Director from cyberlink pretty awesome to use. Obviously not free. But yeah, fuck adobe pro off.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
Quasar
in human form

What's with the Premiere hate? I just got it and had a nicely edited video in a couple hours. It's not THAT hard to learn. I wasn't expecting it to have multiple audio and video tracks, very nice feature.

I would suggest giving it a shot and watching a few tutorial videos. Especially the Adobe ones, they are nicely made. You will find that it's much easier than you think and far more powerful and simple.

Nintendo Network ID: Quasar
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
Alucard

Heres a couple links with reviews for a lot of popular video editing programs. Give you an idea of which ones easier to use, which has the most features etcetc

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,4440,00.asp
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I agree with Quasar, Premiere Pro is actually very very easy to learn. Not hard at all, and cutting clips and putting them into the timeline is just drag and drop, what's easier than that? Still has lots of advanced features, but basic video editing and exporting is piss easy, and you get good results too.

And every computer program is free. *waggles eyebrows*
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
What's with the Premiere hate? I just got it and had a nicely edited video in a couple hours. It's not THAT hard to learn. I wasn't expecting it to have multiple audio and video tracks, very nice feature.

I would suggest giving it a shot and watching a few tutorial videos. Especially the Adobe ones, they are nicely made. You will find that it's much easier than you think and far more powerful and simple.
To be fair, I haven't messed around with Premiere in several years so I'm sure it's not the same program that it used to be. However, at the time I found it extremely unintuitive, as I still find PhotoShop. I mean, I know how to do the things I typically need to do in PhotoShop, but only because of trial and error over the last few years. In contrast, there are programs like older versions of PaintShop Pro that I could sit down and figure out in just a few minutes, organically learning new features as I needed them. That's what I want in a program - to be able to use it right away without getting bogged down with tutorials.

Great link, Alucard! Thanks man. I ended up choosing CyberDirector 9 Ultra 64. Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited by eastx; 08-22-2011 at 05:09 AM.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
Alucard

I agree with you on photoshop being a bit annoying. I could sort of use the previous one well enough but the new CS5 just fucked with my head. Always found paintshop pro easier and more fun to use.